Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Richard Kimble

We'll be raising a sweet sherry in her memory': Heartbreak as EastEnders icon June Brown dies aged 95 after playing chain-smoking launderette manager Dot Cotton in 2,884 episodes of BBC soap opera over 35 years 

EastEnders legend June Brown dies aged 95

The actress, a mother-of-six born in rural Suffolk in 1927, died at her home in Surrey on Sunday with her family by her side, two years after her final appearance on the soap, 35 years after her debut. For decades she was one of the most famous faces on British TV, playing the devout Christian famed on Albert Square for her chain smoking, gossiping and mothering of those in need while working in the launderette.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Bobby Rydell, 1960s Pop Idol and Star of ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ Dies at 79

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/bobby-rydell-dead-pop-idol-bye-bye-birdie-1960s-1235225834/

Sad news.

One of my favorite ensemble dance sequences is A Lot of Livin' To Do.  Rydell does a good job keeping up with the pros here.    Ranks right up there (for me) with the barn dance sequence in Seven Brides... and the ensemble numbers from West Side Story.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Sad news.

One of my favorite ensemble dance sequences is A Lot of Livin' To Do.  Rydell does a good job keeping up with the pros here.    Ranks right up there (for me) with the barn dance sequence in Seven Brides... and the ensemble numbers from West Side Story.  

Volare was a big hit in Italian for an Italian singer on the top 40 charts in the United States.

Bobby Rydell, an Italian- American, gave it a new twist by singing it in both languages in a pop version that challenged the original song. 

Bobby was a good pop singer who knew how to sell every song he ever recorded. A shining star of the early 60s top 40.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Bobby Rydell, 1960s Pop Idol and Star of ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ Dies at 79

Seems like every day more and more of my cultural past is disappearing.  At some point I will join them but in the meantime my memories are starting to feel a little lonely...

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Rae Allen Dies: Tony Award-Winning ‘Damn Yankees,’ ‘Sopranos,’ ‘All In The Family’ Actress Was 95

https://deadline.com/2022/04/rae-allen-dead-actress-tony-damn-yankees-sopranos-1234995997/

Just watched Damn Yankees (her first film or TV credit) a couple weeks ago and discovered she was still alive - the last adult cast member, I believe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Rae Allen Dies: Tony Award-Winning ‘Damn Yankees,’ ‘Sopranos,’ ‘All In The Family’ Actress Was 95

What a nice lady with a great sense of humor.  She was great friends with another wonderful actress, Aline MacMahon. I will miss her.

• Like 2