Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAMIE ALERT!!!

Hibi

Oh yeah Hibi. I remember giving a "play-by-play analysis" on these very boards of this flick during the last time TCM showed it a couple years back.

(...wish I could find it to re-post, but you know how screwed-up the search function is around here, doncha)  

Sorry to say I've never seen a Mamie Van Doren movie, Hibi.  Do you (or others) have any particular recommendations?

LOL. You havent lived!  Untamed Youth  is one of the better ones. There's another one where she's in a reform school run by nuns (I cant remember the title) that is also entertaining (not always as intended) I think Paul Anka sang Ave Maria in that one........

Sorry to say I've never seen a Mamie Van Doren movie, Hibi.  Do you (or others) have any particular recommendations?

Check the Juvenile Delinquent thread in the Films and Filmmakers forums. I think there are about 5 or 6 in there.

"The Navy vs. the Night Monsters" (1965)--Mamie & the Navy are menaced by--people eating Trees!  The victims really have to work at being caught & munched--Mind-bendingly bad! :D

LMREO!!! I havent seen that one!  TCM needs to run another MAMIE FEST!!!!

• Like 1

The Reform School movie is called Girls Town (I looked it up) Mamie plays a character called SILVER Morgan. I'd forgotten Mel Torme is also in it. Not to be missed!!!

They ran it on MST 3000 years ago. The commentary was hilarious......

• Like 1

LMREO!!! I havent seen that one!  TCM needs to run another MAMIE FEST!!!!

Here's a little teaser for ya then, Hibi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB26lZcV64Y

Sounds like announcer Dick Tufeld doing the voice-over work on this trailer, he of course the voice of the robot "B9" on the old "Lost in Space" program.

(...btw, that one guy earlier on in this trailer and who slugs it out with Anthony Eisley in it is actor Edward Faulkner...you might remember him having a few small roles in a few John Wayne and Elvis movies...met him once years ago, too)

• Like 1

Here's a little teaser for ya then, Hibi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB26lZcV64Y

Sounds like announcer Dick Tufeld doing the voice-over work on this trailer, he of course the voice of the robot "B9" on the old "Lost in Space" program.

(...btw, that one guy earlier on in this trailer and who slugs it out with Anthony Eisley in it is actor Edward Faulkner...you might remember him having a few small roles in a few John Wayne and Elvis movies...met him once years ago, too)

LMREO!!! I wanna see it NOW!!!! Looks like they spent all of 50 bucks on special effects........

Anything with Mamie Van Doren in it qualifies as "must-see" for me.  The movies are so bad that they're good (if you know what I mean)  ;)

LOL. I think the only A movie she appeared in was Teacher's Pet.  Queen of the 50s Bs (and Cs). She was in some 60s movie with Jayne Mansfield called Las Vegas Hillbillies. I wonder how they got them both in the same frame???

• Like 1

I wonder how they got them both in the same frame???

Oh yeah....if the director was smart, he would have shot their scenes with multiple takes just to make sure the cameramen got "everything right"!  Ah, an artist and their craft. :lol:

Oh yeah....if the director was smart, he would have shot their scenes with multiple takes just to make sure the cameramen got "everything right"!  Ah, an artist and their craft. :lol:

LOL.

...She was in some 60s movie with Jayne Mansfield called Las Vegas Hillbillies. I wonder how they got them both in the same frame???

I've just now checked this one out on YouTube. Fast forwarded through all 4 parts of it.

First, it didn't look as if these two platinum blondes ever shared any screen time in it, and so there's the answer to that.

And secondly, even though Ferlin Husky(truly one of THE "great" names in all of show business, ever) gets top billing in this movie(and I think we all "know" how he could usually save ANY movie he ever starred in, what with his "great" acting abilities), THIS one couldn't be "saved" if even Laurence Olivier bleached HIS hair platinum blonde and made a cameo in it!

(...man, what a turkey...this movie, not Olivier)

I've just now checked this one out on YouTube. Fast forwarded through all 4 parts of it.

First, it didn't look as if these two platinum blondes ever shared any screen time in it, and so there's the answer to that.

And secondly, even though Ferlin Husky(truly one of THE "great" names in all of show business, ever) gets top billing in this movie(and I think we all "know" how he could usually save ANY movie he ever starred in, what with his "great" acting abilities), THIS one couldn't be "saved" if even Laurence Olivier bleached HIS hair platinum blonde and made a cameo in it!

LOL. That explains it then. They didnt share any scenes..........Yeah, Ferlin, one of the all time great Hillbillies.........

OK, I Googled it :from Wikipedia--an Uncredited Roger Corman was in charge of production--film was supposed to be shot back to back with Women of the Prehistoric Planet--the special effects were botched,done for (Hibi, you overestimated costs) $1.98--after directors' cut was turned in, Standard whatever stuffed in extra footage & destroyed premise of film.

This is actually based on a book (I wouldn't want to read it).

Leonard Maltins' complete review:

1. Look at the title

2. Examine the cast

3.Be aware the plot involves omnivorous trees

4. Don't say you weren't warned :P  :D  :D  :D  :P

• Like 1

MamieEisenhower.jpg

Move over VD, there's a new gal

in town.

Ya know Vautrin, I'm wonderin' here IF Ike's wife here would have also bleached HER hair platinum blonde back then, if SHE couldn't have maybe been considered a "fifties sex symbol"  TOO?!

(...and also sportin' one of them there bullet bras, of course!)

OK, I Googled it :from Wikipedia--an Uncredited Roger Corman was in charge of production--film was supposed to be shot back to back with Women of the Prehistoric Planet--the special effects were botched,done for (Hibi, you overestimated costs) $1.98--after directors' cut was turned in, Standard whatever stuffed in extra footage & destroyed premise of film.

This is actually based on a book (I wouldn't want to read it).

Leonard Maltins' complete review:

1. Look at the title

2. Examine the cast

3.Be aware the plot involves omnivorous trees

4. Don't say you weren't warned :P  :D  :D  :D  :P

LOL. Too funny!!!

• Like 1

According to a reviewer on imdb, the 2 blondes disliked each other so intensely, they refused to appear in any scenes together, and doubles were used. So maybe a few scenes escaped you ff'ing through? :D

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings