Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saw this today. I think it would be really really good or completely terrible. The Blacklist was an interesting time in American/Hollywood history and I think its a story that should be told. I think the blacklisting of gays in Washington should be highlighted too, but it's a start.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3203606/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

• Like 1

tracey, thanks for posting this. I haven't been to a theater in years but I would like to see this. Since I don't watch normal tv anymore, I had no idea they were making a movie about Dalton Trumbo. I agree with you, it is a story that needs told.

• Like 2

SYNOPSIS

The successful career of 1940s screenwriter Dalton Trumbo (Bryan Cranston) comes to a crushing end when he and other Hollywood figures are blacklisted for their political beliefs. TRUMBO (directed by Jay Roach) tells the story of his fight against the U.S. government and studio bosses in a war over words and freedom, which entangled everyone in Hollywood from Hedda Hopper (Helen Mirren) and John Wayne to Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger.

CAST

Bryan Cranston

Elle Fanning

Diane Lane

John Goodman

Helen Mirren

Michael Stuhlbarg

Louis C.K

--great potential story & cast.....

SYNOPSIS

The successful career of 1940s screenwriter Dalton Trumbo (Bryan Cranston) comes to a crushing end when he and other Hollywood figures are blacklisted for their political beliefs. TRUMBO (directed by Jay Roach) tells the story of his fight against the U.S. government and studio bosses in a war over words and freedom, which entangled everyone in Hollywood from Hedda Hopper (Helen Mirren) and John Wayne to Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger.

CAST

Bryan Cranston

Elle Fanning

Diane Lane

John Goodman

Helen Mirren

Michael Stuhlbarg

Louis C.K

--great potential story & cast.....

I know. It sounds really good. I just hope it's not one of those things that plays in "select theatres" because there's never one near me! 

• 1 month later...

I know. It sounds really good. I just hope it's not one of those things that plays in "select theatres" because there's never one near me! 

The same thing happens to me, and it drives me crazy.Who wants to wait a year a year to see a film that could be nominated or award winning. My daughter-in-law drove sixty five miles in July in order for us to see DOUBLE INDEMITY on the big screen.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Now I really want to see this movie!

YOU want to see this movie?  I'm already lined up!

According to the trailer Kirk Douglas gets his propers for going to bat for Trumbo so perhaps Otto Perminger  will as well. 

Back when talk shows really were as advertised Merv Griffin and Mike Douglas-no not Kirk's son-had several veterans of the Blacklist as guests on their shows.  Some stated that even child actors were put on the list if somebody had a gripe against a family member.  Others had had only nodding acquaintances with listed performers or been briefly associated with Communist movements many years before. 

This story needs to be told, warts and all.  The exact opposite could just as easily happen in a reverse political climate; some people believe it already has.  It's our history.  

• Like 1