Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mac_the_Nice

George Gobel & Diana Dors???

Have you considered using a male external catheter? You wouldn't have missed the Duke.

Oh my. No I haven't. LOL

I think THE GIRL MOST LIKELY was the last film made at RKO. Departments were closing down even while filming this Jane Powell musical. In fact, I believe UI released the film to theatres. Bad management as the studio should not have shuttered its doors. THE FIRST TRAVELING SALELADY with Ginger Rogers returning to the RKO lot was one of the stinkers that probably put the nail in the coffin for RKO.

Yes, I mentioned there were some films that were sold off to Universal for distribution and they have both the RKO and UI logos on them. Interestingly, one of these is JET PILOT, starring John Wayne & Janet Leigh, that began filming in late 1949 and had been held back by Hughes (because of endless retakes). 

But I think I MARRIED A WOMAN is the last one RKO actually released in the 50s. Or else, very close to the last one.

Don't forget that George Gobel starred in a 1956 comedy called "THE BIRDS AND THE BEES" with Mitzi Gaynor, David Niven and Fred Clark. 

I believe 'THE BIRDS AND THE BEES' and 'I MARRIED A WOMAN' were his only starring features.

• Like 1

Don't forget that George Gobel starred in a 1956 comedy called "THE BIRDS AND THE BEES" with Mitzi Gaynor, David Niven and Fred Clark. 

I believe 'THE BIRDS AND THE BEES' and 'I MARRIED A WOMAN' were his only starring features.

For some reason, the line I always remember of his, was " I used to spell my last name with an "F" as the first letter, rather than a "G", but people kept calling me Fobel."