Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Lady Eve Arden"

MarshaKatz

Eve Arden is one of my favorite actresses.  Miss Arden can do it all -- and has in every type of film genre - from film noir to comedy to musicals, to romance to melodrama, Eve is incomperable. I'd love to see her as Star of the Month or featured in Summer Under the Stars.  Hats off to "The Lady Eve Arden". 

• Like 2

Eve Arden is one of my favorite actresses.  Miss Arden can do it all -- and has in every type of film genre - from film noir to comedy to musicals, to romance to melodrama, Eve is incomperable. I'd love to see her as Star of the Month or featured in Summer Under the Stars.  Hats off to "The Lady Eve Arden". 

Arden has a great screen persona.  Even when she is cast as a character that is relatively 'tame' she gets in at least one great wise-crack.      Even in a movie like The Doughgirls with gals like Alexis Smith and Ann Sheridan,  Eve is the one that makes the biggest impression.   (playing a Russian no less!).

I love Eve Arden, too, though my knowledge of her movies is limited (I've seen her in Mildred Pierce, My Reputation, and maybe one or two others).  I took a quick look at her IMDB page and I see that her first film was in 1929!  Interesting, because of course many people usually associate her with television.

Some that haven't been mentioned yet, truly worth seeing:

BEDTIME STORY, where she plays a bad actress that Fredric March hires to replace wife Loretta Young.

ONE FOR THE BOOK, a seldom-aired wartime drama with Eleanor Parker & Ronald Reagan.

THE UNFAITHFUL, starring Ann Sheridan with Eve as the best friend.

TEA FOR TWO, with her getting the best lines and almost stealing the picture out from under Doris Day.

I also recommend the late 60s sitcom she did with Kaye Ballard called THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW. It was produced and occasionally directed by Desi Arnaz. You can find it on DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Eve Arden, too, though my knowledge of her movies is limited (I've seen her in Mildred Pierce, My Reputation, and maybe one or two others).  I took a quick look at her IMDB page and I see that her first film was in 1929!  Interesting, because of course many people usually associate her with television.

In MILDRED PIERCE, Arden and Joan Crawford are having a drink after the restaurant closes, and discussing their love lives. Eve offers a toast: "To the men we have loved -- the stinkers!"

One of her classic lines.

• Like 1

I remember listening to OUR MISS BROOKS on the radio (1948-57) and watching it on TV (1952-56). Wikipedia has a good article on the show, which can be heard online (the radio show, that is -- I don't know whether YouTube has the TV program).

Eve Arden plays a nice supporting role to lawyer James Stewart in ANATOMY OF A MURDER. Her biggest concern is when she is going to get some back pay from her boss. That and when will he get her a new typewriter.

• Like 1

I remember listening to OUR MISS BROOKS on the radio (1948-57) and watching it on TV (1952-56). Wikipedia has a good article on the show, which can be heard online (the radio show, that is -- I don't know whether YouTube has the TV program).

I think you may be referring to the Old Time Radio website. Good stuff!

I think you may be referring to the Old Time Radio website. Good stuff!

I'll check out that website. I don't know if it has any connection to CHML900, a Canadian radio station (900 on the AM dial), which has a website where you can hear classic radio programs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll check out that website. I don't know if it has any connection to CHML900, a Canadian radio station (900 on the AM dial), which has a website where you can hear classic radio programs.

The Old Time Radio website has a lot of classic radio shows. You can also find some programs at the Internet Archives.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings