Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JeanneCrain

Sally Fields…what a doll !

Love Sally "The Flying Nun" Fields as TCM guest and would be interested in listening to her behind the scenes insight into the movies she was involved in by airing some of them on TCM while she guest…wouldn't anyone else like to see such an opportunity captured for the Sally Field audience?  :wub:

• Like 2

Love Sally "The Flying Nun" Fields as TCM guest and would be interested in listening to her behind the scenes insight into the movies she was involved in by airing some of them on TCM while she guest…wouldn't anyone else like to see such an opportunity captured for the Sally Field audience?  :wub:

Well one would have to be heartless not to be charmed by Sally.   I really love the discussion she has with Robert.  Very touching.

Yes,  it would be interesting for her to discuss behind the scenes insight related to some of the movies she was in.   I get the impression that Sally would focus on the movie making process and her positive interactions with directors and fellow actors instead of unsavory gossip. 

• Like 2

Well one would have to be heartless not to be charmed by Sally.   I really love the discussion she has with Robert.  Very touching.

Yes,  it would be interesting for her to discuss behind the scenes insight related to some of the movies she was in.   I get the impression that Sally would focus on the movie making process and her positive interactions with directors and fellow actors instead of unsavory gossip. 

..better than with Drew, but I am hardly "touched".

..better than with Drew, but I am hardly "touched".

Well I did say one would have to be heartless,,,,  :lol:

Hi JeanneCrain,

I agree that she's a doll. And I think she's starting to hit her stride as Essentials co-host. Also, I would echo James' comment that if she discussed some of her own movies, she would focus on the artistic and collaborative process and not about who was doing naughty things in their dressing room with so-and-so.

I wonder how embarrassed she is by her FLYING NUN series? I loved it as a kid but even then realized it was stoopid. Same thing with Gidget. I'm glad she made the transition from "kid" actor to adult actor. A testament to her talent.

Maybe a PRIVATE SCREENINGS is in order for her discussion on filmmaking?

• Like 1

Hi JeanneCrain,

I agree that she's a doll. And I think she's starting to hit her stride as Essentials co-host. Also, I would echo James' comment that if she discussed some of her own movies, she would focus on the artistic and collaborative process and not about who was doing naughty things in their dressing room with so-and-so.

...especially if she was the one doing the naughty things.

...especially if she was the one doing the naughty things.

Not Sally. Surely you jest! She sort of personifies a squeaky clean, wholesome image. And especially considering her generation, that seems like no minor accomplishment.

Well, I guess I'm one of the pro-Sally people. I love her! She really deserved both of her Oscars. And I feel that she was cheated out of a third for "Lincoln." I thought she was great in that.

Terrence.

• Like 1

Well, I guess I'm one of the pro-Sally people. I love her! She really deserved both of her Oscars. And I feel that she was cheated out of a third for "Lincoln." I thought she was great in that.

Terrence.

My favorite after PLACES IN THE HEART is MURPHY'S ROMANCE. And of course, I love MRS. DOUBTFIRE, too.

When "Norma Rae" (1979) is aired as one of The Essentials on Saturday, November 7, 2015, will that be the first time a sitting co-host gets a chance to discuss her own movie?

When "Norma Rae" (1979) is aired as one of The Essentials on Saturday, November 7, 2015, will that be the first time a sitting co-host gets a chance to discuss her own movie?

Nope, Mother Dolores Hart introduced one of her movies, Lisa.

Nope, Mother Dolores Hart introduced one of her movies, Lisa.

Mother Delores was a Guest Programmer, not a co-host of The Essentials. 

Mother Delores was a Guest Programmer, not a co-host of The Essentials. 

That's correct. She was a guest programmer in May 2014, while Drew Barrymore was still co-hosting Essentials.

The first person I ever saw pick one of their own films was Shirley Jones, when she was a guest programmer about four or five years ago. She picked ELMER GANTRY. Up till then, guests never selected their own films, which I always thought was kind of dumb. I mean, here we have people who were in some of these classic movies and are arguably experts about the production, yet they had never previously been used to set up and show some of their own films. I'm glad that practice has changed on TCM.

If you like her so much, have the consideration to get her name right.  It is Sally Field.  She is indeed very personable.  I don't think Robert Osborne has had a co-host he liked so much for a long while.

I'm looking forward to hearing  Sally talk about her grandfather W.C. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I can't imagine this film ever making the essentials list but THE WAY WEST was Sally's first big film role and it starred Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, and Richard Widmark.  I would like to see Sally be involved in an intro for the film and offer some commentary about working with those three major stars.

• Like 1

If you like her so much, have the consideration to get her name right.  It is Sally Field.  She is indeed very personable.  I don't think Robert Osborne has had a co-host he liked so much for a long while.

I am sure it's a common mistake, with people adding an 's' to her last name.

I am sure it's a common mistake, with people adding an 's' to her last name.

..the same way people refer to Tyrone Powers, Cary Grants, and Ginger Rogerss.

..the same way people refer to Tyrone Powers, Cary Grants, and Ginger Rogerss.

And don't forget DownGoesFraziers.

I've even heard some people say DownGoesFrasierCrane.

I know it's been said before. but it's Sally Field, not Sally Fields.

Well if Fred keeps posting picture like that,  I'm going to want more than just one Sally.