Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

70s want to see

shutoo

I would love to see Goodbye Columbus and Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York..been so long since I read the books and watched the films. They are sadly missing from streaming sources and are great examples of low key comedy of the 70s, along with Lovers and Other Strangers and Annie Hall. Do the TCM folks ever read these comments?

I would love to see Goodbye Columbus and Sheila Levine is Dead and Living in New York..been so long since I read the books and watched the films. They are sadly missing from streaming sources and are great examples of low key comedy of the 70s, along with Lovers and Other Strangers and Annie Hall. Do the TCM folks ever read these comments?

Welcome Shutoo, to the forum.

TCM has I believe, shown ANNIE HALL, but not sure of the others mentioned.  But, as they are early '70's movies, and TCM also HAS shown other movies from that period(AND to many member's chagrin!) , they do have a chance!

Anyway-----One of MY favorite parts of "Goodbye Columbus" is when his girlfriend's BROTHER'S girlfriend hears he's a librarian, says, "You must get FIRST CRACK at all the bestsellers!"  :P

Sepiatone

Welcome to the boards!

The short answer to your last question is yes. We have been told by various sources both on camera and away from the TCM studios that the programmers, producers and on-air hosts do read the message boards to try and gather ieas about certain films to show and themes. There is a popular, yet (in my opinion) difficult thread called the TCM Challenge where posters here try to come up with an alternate one week schedule for TCM.

I have read in interviews where the Director of Programming and others involved with that process do in fact read the comments and suggestions that the posters here make or create. They consider the posters here to be very dedicated not only with their desires to have certain films shown or themes explored, but also the poster's rather unique ways of trying to persuade TCM to show a certain film or series of films. There is also the Suggest a Movie forum under Community where many go to actually suggest movies TCM should show.

There is also the TCM blog right here on this site as well as the TCM FaceBook page where many go to post their thoughts about movies. So hopefully you will check these other possibilities out and please we all hope you enjoy your time here and we look forward to conversing with you in the future.

Fxreyman (Rey)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings