Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christopher Lee Tribute

NipkowDisc

They're showing stuff like the mummy, curse of frankenstein and the first three hammer dracula films to pay tribute tomorrow to the screen's greatest count dracula, Christopher Lee. betcha tcm will show their older non-restored horror of dracula print with the incomplete sunlight disintegration climax. there is the 2012 restored BFI print with the complete sunlight disintegration but that would be too much to expect of tcm, wouldn't it?...

slackers! :) 

2uzqdmu.jpg

They're showing stuff like the mummy, curse of frankenstein and the first three hammer dracula films to pay tribute tomorrow to the screen's greatest count dracula, Christopher Lee. betcha tcm will show their older non-restored horror of dracula print with the incomplete sunlight disintegration climax. there is the 2012 restored BFI print with the complete sunlight disintegration but that would be too much to expect of tcm, wouldn't it?...

Does baby need a hug? 

2uzqdmu.jpg

I think his Dracula stinks, but that's just me. I like him in other things, but as Dracula - pew!

I think his Dracula stinks, but that's just me. I like him in other things, but as Dracula - pew!

his Dracula persona was hamstrung by the hammer stupes, everyone knows that. you think the lack of Dracula saying anything was Lee's idea? of course not. but when they did let him speak as Dracula it was always powerful and forboding. only idiots would compare Lee's powerful incomparable Dracula persona to Lugosi. there's no visual horror. Lugosi doan even have fangs.

his Dracula persona was hamstrung by the hammer stupes, everyone knows that. you think the lack of Dracula saying anything was Lee's idea? of course not. but when they did let him speak as Dracula it was always powerful and forboding. only idiots would compare Lee's powerful incomparable Dracula persona to Lugosi. there's no visual horror. Lugosi doan even have fangs.

and just like I said they would, tcm showed their aging inferior unrestored print of Horror of Dracula. what kind of respect for Christopher Lee is that? not much I would say, no, not much.

and just like I said they would, tcm showed their aging inferior unrestored print of Horror of Dracula. what kind of respect for Christopher Lee is that? not much I would say, no, not much.

now if I were running tcm...

you can bet Valerie Gaunt's bo som the 2012 BFI restored print of Hammer's Dracula woulda been shown. :D

2ppa7er.jpg

I watched most of Mr. Lee's tributes on this fine day and enjoyed all of them. He may not have been the best Dracula, but he was good enough for me.

Horror Express (1972) was a treat - I hadn't seen this one before, or can't recall having done so. I thought the premise was great.. the alien from another galaxy having visited Earth millions of years ago and finding it's only means of survival to become a kind of symbiont moving from host to host up until the film's present day.

I thought I was watching another period piece when mention was made of photographs of the Earth some 2 million years prior to their time - photos taken from the space above and beyond Earth's atmosphere. That caught my attention right away as I do like space stuff, and especially if it gets anywhere near time travel which this doesn't, exactly, but is close enough for me.

This could possibly have been expanded into some sort of sequel with some H.G. Wells-like material.

The alien element reminded me of a more recent film: Fallen (1998), in which many people are similarly possessed to similar ends by an evil entity.

• Like 2

Well, I have to agree that Lee had a wonderful voice. But Lugosi is my favorite Dracula.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings