Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Star Tributes

aylona

i love it when turner does the tributes to stars who have moved on.  but........there is one thing that bothers me greatly.  it is rare that tcm pays tribute to african americans.  there are many great AA such as ruby dee who passed recently.  we see nothing on these stars and it is disturbing.  is tcm going to honor her as they've done for other stars?  when?

aylona--Welcome to the boards.  There is a sub-forum your question could be answered more quickly at--look at TCM Programs--on the last line of listings is"TCM Memorials."Your question  could be more quickly & thoroughly answered if posted there, because I think TCM programmers are the ones to answer your question.  Hope this helps. :)

aylona--Welcome to the boards.  There is a sub-forum your question could be answered more quickly at--look at TCM Programs--on the last line of listings is"TCM Memorials."Your question  could be more quickly & thoroughly answered if posted there, because I think TCM programmers are the ones to answer your question.  Hope this helps. :)

I think we should be honest and just state that the odds that TCM would honor an actor like Rudy Dee are remote.   There are many reasons why.    e.g.   if TCM was to change their scheduled programming anytime an actor died that would really mess with the program schedule.

In addition there is the factor of if a star has a solid enough film legacy to 'deserve' a tribute.  Yes,  I know this is a hard subject for people to deal with.   In fact I was somewhat surprised that in the Betsy Palmer thread some users were bold enough to address the 'do they deserve it' elephant in the room. 

As for Tributes;  I wish TCM wouldn't have any death related tributes that change prescheduled programming.   Yea, not even for my second favorite actress Olivia de Havilland when that day comes.    Instead I say TCM has a tribute week,  twice per year.   This week would honor all the actors, directors, and other in the business that have passed the previous 6 or so months.   

i love it when turner does the tributes to stars who have moved on.  but........there is one thing that bothers me greatly.  it is rare that tcm pays tribute to african americans.  there are many great AA such as ruby dee who passed recently.  we see nothing on these stars and it is disturbing.  is tcm going to honor her as they've done for other stars?  when?

they did air this...

On Saturday June 28, 2014:

4:15 PM Edge of the City

5:45 PM A Raisin in the Sun

here's intro...

thought there was a TCM Remembers video also, but can't find it now

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings