Hibi

thanks for reminder, Hibi    :)

1:45 am ET
B/W
178 min
TV-14
genre_NONE_expanded.gif
O Lucky Man! (1973)
"McDowell stars as Mick Travis, a coffee salesman who embarks on a series of wild adventures as he attempts to climb the corporate ladder."

"A road movie, a social satire, a modern day Candide, and a portrait of idealism corrupted, O Lucky Man! (1973) is a sardonic, allegorical, epic comedy starring Malcolm McDowell..."

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/85342/O-Lucky-Man-/articles.html

This was the highlight of this month's list. Hadn't seen it since '73 (when I was 22) but recall enjoying it. Hope the recorder got it for me so I can see it with a 54 year old's eyes.

Funny, I always described it as a modern CANDIDE tale as well.

Gosh, that pic of MacDowell reminds me of what a weird looking guy he was!

This was the highlight of this month's list. Hadn't seen it since '73 (when I was 22) but recall enjoying it. Hope the recorder got it for me so I can see it with a 54 year old's eyes.

Yes, I recorded it as well. I havent seen it in decades. I hope Its on there (forgot to check this am)

I have a DVD and screenplay for this film and like to dust them off every few years.   It is truly a movie to grow old with.  But Tiki, your math is perplexing me.   How could you be 22 in 1973 and 54 now?  

I have a DVD and screenplay for this film and like to dust them off every few years.   It is truly a movie to grow old with.  But Tiki, your math is perplexing me.   How could you be 22 in 1973 and 54 now?  

Creative accounting.

phroso-great to see you back on the boards!

My math skills suck...thanks for pointing that out.

Apparently, I saw the movie in '83 and never realized it was a 10 year old movie when I saw it. I went on a lot of "double dates" to the movies back then and would groan over the titles of some of the stuff I'd get dragged to.

In retrospect, I saw a lot of the best movies of the '70's & 80's thanks to the guy my best friend was dating. Wonder what ever happened to him? Thanks Bill Thomas for introducing me to some really great movies!

• Like 1

Thought it was very cool that guest programmer Edgar Wright mentioned that he had spoken to Malcolm McDowell and informed him that he had selected this to be shown on TCM, and that MM considered this to be one of his favorite films.

Edgar Wright was one of the best guest programmers TCM has ever had.

His commentary went beyond the typical superficial remarks and I liked all his choices except for SUPER COPS.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings