Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Osborne

huntmovies

I love Robert Osborne's "Private Screenings" interviews. Does anyone know if they are for purchase? If not they SHOULD be. He does such a fantastic job interviewing the stars.

It would be so great to be able to purchase a compilation of them on DVD.

Judy

Keeping up with the classics"

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicmovieweek/

To huntmovies, got your reply & will reply soon as possible THANX!

As for these tremendous & instant classic "Pvt. Screenings" I am fairly certain they are not on dvd & or video, not yet anyway-(P.S. ask tcmprogrammr, of whom often replies on these very forums)

My personal fav. & I've been watching TCM since '96

Is with: Betty Hutton-(1921-)-(who else agrees?)

Not because of her celebrity, but the fact that she seemed "lost?" & nobody had rarely, if ever, even seen her in many, many years!!!

Thanks

I like ALL the interviews I've seen Osborne do. One of the most fascinating is the one he did with Anthony Quinn. His bio is unbelievable...his connection with Frank Lloyd Wright and other things he shared about his "beginnings". I've never been much of a fan of his until I saw that interview....AMAZING life he lead from such humble beginnings.

Judy

Thanks so much for your reply. I think there would be a tremendous market for Robert Osborne's interviews. We have lost so many of our classic stars. What a treasure it would be to have those interviews available on DVD.

Mr. Osborne has such a wonderful talent for what he does and is such an asset to TCM.

Judy

Keeping up with the classics:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicmovieweek/

I wish I knew who you guys were talking about. I live in Asia and I've never seen Mr. Osborne on TCM. We get none of the frills - just a movie, then maybe a One Reel Wonder, then another movie. I did see a short interview with Janet Leigh yesterday, but they never showed who was interviewing her. And I'm still waiting for Black Narcissus - is there a reason why they wouldn't show it in Asia (as in the case of Anna and the King and The King and I)?

Thanks, Ralph.

Ralph--Robert Osborne (or as we oldtimers call him, Uncle Bobby) is the evening host for the movies TCM shows in the US. He's a writer for the Hollywood Reporter and I guess sometime in the past was an actor. I know he probably has writers but he always comes up with interesting little tidbits about the films being shown. Every now and then, he'll do a show with a classic film stars & directors called Private Screenings. It's basically an interview about their work and some clips are shown. Very rarely do they talk about personal stuff, however I think everyone who's seen it agrees that his interview with Betty Hutton was quite moving and informative. She was the best so far. And several of his subject have since passed on--Jack Lemmon & Walter Matthau, Anthony Quinn, Robert Mitchum, Rod Steiger. It's a great series and I hope they do more. The next one up is with Sidney Lumet.

• 3 months later...

I am new to this site, so I don't know if this is the way to get to Robert Osborne (I refer to him as 'Bobby O'). I have a question for Mr. Osborne. My reference is to James Garner, known for many, many movies, but most notably for the TV series "Maverick" and "The Rockford Files". Why does Mr. Osborne call him James GarDner? I know that his real name is James Baumgarner, but no d. Nor is he Erle Stanley Gardner, who penned the 'Perry Mason' mysteries. It bothers me that a person of his immense knowledge would make such a mistake. He has been doing this for several years, and I always hope someone would inform him of this mistake. I'm curious as to why no one has, yet?

I, also, want to add that I thoughly enjoy the info that 'Bobby O' imparts with most movies! I miss his tidbits of information when they are missing.

BTW, would someone be so kind as to inform as to the correct procedure in contacting Mr. O.