Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone recognize the scene in this photo?

DickLindsay

Actually, FRITZ FELD was a great help.  The name of this film is: "I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU"  (1946)  with Philip Dorn (he was in "ZIEGFELD GIRL"), Catherine McLeod (she was in "THE HARVEY GIRLS") and Fritz Feld (he was in "BRINGING UP BABY").

Do they ever show I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU   on tcm?? 

So, scsu1975, thanks for your help today!

Wondering if anyone recognizes the actors in this photograph or the perhaps the name of the film?

1. M110RZ.JPG

Hmmmm...never noticed before how much Philip Dorn looked like Jack Benny!

(...well, at least in THIS photo still he does anyway, I think) 

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone recognizes the actors in this photograph or the perhaps the name of the film?

1. M110RZ.JPG

I think it IS Jack Benny. He is saying, "Well, I'd like to say 'Well!' but it doesn't seem to fit here." The bellhop (far left) had plastic surgery to look like Bob Hope and waiting for his cue to start Thanks for the Memories. The bellhop in the foreground is Robert Walker wondering how the hell he got into this picture. Pay no mind to the girl there, she is a secretary who loves this scene and wanted to get a better look. Don't look for her to show up for work tomorrow. The man to the right of Jack is standing in for Rochester who called in sick with a sore throat and is seen here trying to remember his lines.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings