Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

getTV July Special

Janet0312

I saw an ad today on getTV. They are celebrating July with a series of crime capers featuring the following series: The Lone Wolf, The Whistler and Boston You Know Who.

Yes,  the July schedule does show Lone Wolf,  the Whistler and Boston B-l-a-c-k-I-e.     Barbara Stanwyck also is their ICON of the month.

July 2nd has many Lone Wolf movies at a reasonable hour.    July 3rd for the Whistler and July 11th for Boston.   

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Beginning this month, nearly all of getTV's programming is syndicated re-runs of old TV series. They might squeeze a movie or two in each week, but those are mostly at 4:00 AM.

I guess the party's over for film lovers.

88JLwBx.jpg

Beginning this month, nearly all of getTV's programming is syndicated re-runs of old TV series. They might squeeze a movie or two in each week, but those are mostly at 4:00 AM.

I guess the party's over for film lovers.

88JLwBx.jpg

I recommend going to their website and checking out the schedules.  Apparently they are mostly doing TV shows on weekdays and movies on week-ends and at night.

I have sort of gotten into habit of watching The Thin Man TV series each morning at 7AM.

I watch GET-TV and enjoy some of the series they show and movies I have never seen.  Last month they had "The Crime Doctor" which was silly yet still entertaining.   Saturdays are great as they show Westerns I had never seen including James Garner in a series "Nichols" which showed while I was living out of the country. 

The only problem are the commercials which go on for what seems like hours.  You know they understand their audience by the commercials for reverse mortgages, life insurance, medicare supplements ad infinitum.  Anyway I check their schedule daily to see what is available that I might be interested in.  

I watch GET-TV and enjoy some of the series they show and movies I have never seen.  Last month they had "The Crime Doctor" which was silly yet still entertaining.   Saturdays are great as they show Westerns I had never seen including James Garner in a series "Nichols" which showed while I was living out of the country. 

The only problem are the commercials which go on for what seems like hours.  You know they understand their audience by the commercials for reverse mortgages, life insurance, medicare supplements ad infinitum.  Anyway I check their schedule daily to see what is available that I might be interested in.  

And don't forget the attorneys for suing the other advertisers!

And don't forget the attorneys for suing the other advertisers!

Oh no....how could I have forgotten...who knew there was so much danger out there. 

One more thing I enjoy watching is the Merv Griffin show...there are so many with the older "golden era" stars as visitors.  One night he had Walter Pigeon, Bette Davis and someone else on talking about working with William Wyler...and then on came William Wyler.  Great show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings