Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nancy Carroll featured at Capitolfest

midnight08

Nancy Carroll will be the featured star at the 2015 Capitolfest in Rome, New York. It runs from

Friday August 7 thru Sunday August 9. This year will be the first year that I'll be able to go so I'm

quite excited. Some of her films they are showing are extremely rare. I'm especially looking forward to

seeing "Illusion" , "The Shopworn Angel" and "Follow Thru". I wish they would have also offered

"Close Harmony" but you can't have everything.

• Like 3

Nancy Carroll will be the featured star at the 2015 Capitolfest in Rome, New York. It runs from

Friday August 7 thru Sunday August 9. This year will be the first year that I'll be able to go so I'm

quite excited. Some of her films they are showing are extremely rare. I'm especially looking forward to

seeing "Illusion" , "The Shopworn Angel" and "Follow Thru". I wish they would have also offered

Great. Now if only TCM can get some of her mostly Paramount titles from her years of success, in ordert to do a fitting tribute to the most deserving Carroll, be it SUTM next year or whatever.

She was Oscar nominated for Shopworn Angel, wasnt she? Or was that another film?

To enhance your vintage theater experience, I will be slingin' popcorn & jerkin' soda in vintage garb all three days of CapitolFest! Please introduce yourself! Maybe we can gather TCM board members for a photo. I'm pretty sure of at least 3 other board members will be in attendance. 

This truly is a fantastic film festival- there is plenty of down time for people to socialize, the theater is gorgeous, the films are RARE and everyone needs to take a peek at the projection booth. The Capitol takes great measures to keep their vintage equipment in tip top shape.

And THIS year they will have a dealer's room! Hard to find disks, authentic movie posters/lobby cards/stills and rare books & euphemera.

If anyone wants to crash at my place & commute in with me, please PM.

• Like 2

Please give us updates of the event in August. Would like to hear more about the fun you will all be having!

To enhance your vintage theater experience, I will be slingin' popcorn & jerkin' soda in vintage garb all three days of CapitolFest! Please introduce yourself! Maybe we can gather TCM board members for a photo. I'm pretty sure of at least 3 other board members will be in attendance. 

This truly is a fantastic film festival- there is plenty of down time for people to socialize, the theater is gorgeous, the films are RARE and everyone needs to take a peek at the projection booth. The Capitol takes great measures to keep their vintage equipment in tip top shape.

And THIS year they will have a dealer's room! Hard to find disks, authentic movie posters/lobby cards/stills and rare books & euphemera.

If anyone wants to crash at my place & commute in with me, please PM.

My family lived in Cortland New York, about 30 miles south of Syracuse from October 1970 until April of 1973. I remember massive amounts of snow during those three winters we lived there. One winter it snowed so much the snow was stacked over eight feet around the entrance to our apartment building we were living in. Beautiful area especially in the fall.

The old downtown Cortland movie theater showed the re-issue of Disney's Song of the South in 1973. Got to see that wonderful movie the way it should have been seen, on the big screen!

• Like 1

Please give us updates of the event in August. Would like to hear more about the fun you will all be having!

I'll be happy to give a report on the festivities at Capitolfest.  I'm even more excited now that I know there

are other TCM forum members who will be there.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings