Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tcm viewers clamoring for Hot Spell?

NipkowDisc

has HOT SPELL ever aired on tcm? I remember it airing on tcm many times. the only way my recollections of HOT SPELL airing on tcm could be in error is if I have somehow mistaken amc for tcm but this will have to be proven to me. until then I will continue to believe that HOT SPELL has aired on tcm.

my friends, you have read my sworn testimony...

can you prove it didn't happen? :D 

that's my criswell impression. :lol:

The real big question is, how many different ways can you think of to refer to this movie in threads?

This is good way, though it's been done before, the trolling device by have a teaser subject to provoke a look-see and then finding the same-ole, same-ole crap.

• Like 2

I hope he doesn't take your question as a challenge.   If he does I'm blaming you.   :lol:

I still say, that if TCM ever did have HOT SPELL, they cancelled the contract for it, destroyed their copy of the movie, removed all references to it in their computer files and threatened to fire any employee who even mentions its title,  just to drive a certain somebody on these boards nuts.....and it may just be working. :P

I still say, that if TCM ever did have HOT SPELL, they cancelled the contract for it, destroyed their copy of the movie, removed all references to it in their computer files and threatened to fire any employee who even mentions its title,  just to drive a certain somebody on these boards nuts.....and it may just be working. :P

Didn't I see that on Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory?

Re: Hot Spell

Posted 07 January 2004 - 10:06 AM

Since it is a Paramount picture TCM may not have access to it yet although I heard that they will be showing some Paramount films soon. The movie has been shown on AMC.

Mongo

Mongo said that here 11 years ago, but added it was on AMC where you must have seen it. So not shown before 2004 on TCM and not shown since but has been on AMC,

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/1772-hot-spell/

Now I have a Big Question, why is "The Living Desert" playing?   Might as well watch "National Geographic".

So the geezers can wax nostalgic. Ah, the good old days of  "The Living Desert" "White Wilderness" and "The Sea Around Us." Did I miss one? Walt Disney's True Life Adventures. A little culture when we weren't busy watching Rocket Ship XM, Ozzie and Harriet, and Big John and Sparky (this last radio only). I have more to say but I'm falling asleep.

no, I came here nuts. :lol:

no, I came here nuts. :lol:

Please have someone certify you and then take your computer away.

:D

;)

...just kidding. Have someone take you away and leave your computer where it is.

Then they'll put a DVD player in front of you and loop Hot Spell around the clock until you say, "No, no, not that .... I can't take it anymore."

Then you'll know how we feel.

;)

;)

--

This is good way, though it's been done before, the trolling device by have a teaser subject to provoke a look-see and then finding the same-ole, same-ole crap.

Oh, it wasn't a "teaser" subject for me, since I knew it would be about  "Hot Spell". I was just interested to see how he was going to talk about it this time.

NipkowDisc, I'm curious...let's say TCM actually did air your longed-for movie. What would you do then?  I mean, after the thread you'd start that would presumeably state how delighted you were that they finally showed it.

But, after that, you'd have nothing else to shoot for.

• Like 1

Oh, it wasn't a "teaser" subject for me, since I knew it would be about  "Hot Spell". I was just interested to see how he was going to talk about it this time.

NipkowDisc, I'm curious...let's say TCM actually did air your longed-for movie. What would you do then?  I mean, after the thread you'd start that would presumeably state how delighted you were that they finally showed it.

Well, you may have known but it was still the intent of the OP to be non-committal and then ha-ha gotcha.

I fear, misswonderly, that you take the OP far too seriously. The whole HS thing has turned into a gag. Many OP's stuff are gags. I'm beginning to suspect that OP is a serial leg-puller. He is successful in this no doubt due in part by a cool imperturbability that is annoying but that I secretly admire.  Surely you realize that showing HS on TCM would be a disappointment to him. A protracted run here on the boards for any of the causes he ostensibly espouses is sheer delight. An actual airing would end the fun. But he wouldn't be disappointed long. Think you not that OP has a long list in waiting? I predict something like Horrors of the Black Museum or maybe one those old Mabuse flicks. I don't see OP sitting around twiddling this thumbs wondering what to do next. In all fairness, if OP is trolling, it is fairly soft-core and fairly innocuous. I've certainly seen worse. It just gets old.

Well, you may have known but it was still the intent of the OP to be non-committal and then ha-ha gotcha.

I fear, misswonderly, that you take the OP far too seriously. The whole HS thing has turned into a gag. Many OP's stuff are gags. I'm beginning to suspect that OP is a serial leg-puller. He is successful in this no doubt due in part by a cool imperturbability that is annoying but that I secretly admire.  Surely you realize that showing HS on TCM would be a disappointment to him. A protracted run here on the boards for any of the causes he ostensibly espouses is sheer delight. An actual airing would end the fun. But he wouldn't be disappointed long. Think you not that OP has a long list in waiting? I predict something like Horrors of the Black Museum or maybe one those old Mabuse flicks. I don't see OP sitting around twiddling this thumbs wondering what to do next. In all fairness, if OP is trolling, it is fairly soft-core and fairly innocuous. I've certainly seen worse. It just gets old.

No, I actually do want tcm to air Hot Spell...

in it's original VistaVision format if it's not too much trouble. :D

but I do...

the superior UK version of William Cameron Menzies' sci-fi classic Invaders From Mars and of course the restored bfi print of Hammer's Dracula  :D

Okay, nobody has seemed to answer the OP's question, posed in the thread title. So I will answer it.

Only one TCM viewer is clamoring for HOT SPELL in the dead heat of July.

Just like we have one viewer clamoring for more Garbo.

Next question, please...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings