Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The next generation

GGGGerald

http://splitsider.com/2015/07/maya-rudolphs-kids-are-learning-classic-film-lingo-thanks-to-tcm/

This is a great example of the real reason TCM plays so many of the greatest films over and over in prime time. There is always a youngster who has never seen it before. And might be influenced by it.

And I bet there are parents who feel safer showing classic films to their children these days. Who knows, maybe trenchcoats and fedoras might come back in style again ?

I will definitely watch this miniseries. Now, has IFC and TCM, its a match made in heaven !

• Like 1

This is a great example of the real reason TCM plays so many of the greatest films over and over in prime time. There is always a youngster who has never seen it before. And might be influenced by it.

And I bet there are parents who feel safer showing classic films to their children these days. Who knows, maybe trenchcoats and fedoras might come back in style again ?

I will definitely watch this miniseries. Now, has IFC and TCM, its a match made in heaven !

Yes,  clearly TCM has to strike some type of balance as it relates to their programming. As someone that has been really into studio-era movies for around 25 years,  around 70% of the time TCM is showing a movie I have seen before.       But hey,  if it is a movie I really like I'll often watch it or part of it or I turn to some of the newer movies stations like MOVIES-TV for 20th Century Fox films or GET-TV for Columbia films,  that TCM doesn't feature much if at all.  

As for trench coats;  these are not going to make a comeback in CA unless we get some rain.   :blink:

Yes,  clearly TCM has to strike some type of balance as it relates to their programming. As someone that has been really into studio-era movies for around 25 years,  around 70% of the time TCM is showing a movie I have seen before.       But hey,  if it is a movie I really like I'll often watch it or part of it or I turn to some of the newer movies stations like MOVIES-TV for 20th Century Fox films or GET-TV for Columbia films,  that TCM doesn't feature much if at all.  

As for trench coats;  these are not going to make a comeback in CA unless we get some rain.   :blink:

Remember, SoCal is all about style. I remember friends wearing members only jackets in 90 degree heat in the  80's !

But, like the rock stars say, they always try to give it their all on stage because there is always one fan for whom its their first show.

Remember, SoCal is all about style. I remember friends wearing members only jackets in 90 degree heat in the  80's !

But, like the rock stars say, they always try to give it their all on stage because there is always one fan for whom its their first show.

You could be right when it comes to wishing to be in style people do really stupid things.  e.g.   When I was in southern Italy last May there was a day or two that was much hotter than it usually is.   I put on shorts and a t-shirt and went walking around the small town I was in.   Well  95% of the other guys were dressed like it was cold out.  Some even had that sweater tied around their neck thing going on (which is common in the town).   Now people were looking at me since I looked totally out of place.   But I was looking at them,  thinking how unconformable they must be.   But yea, they were stylish. 

Well, those little faux fedoras are really popular, among all ages too.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings