Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eddie Muller's opening line in his intro to "The Window"

TCM_1

In his opening line to his intro for the film "The Window" on TCM a few minutes ago, Eddie Muller, after introducing himself, said "I'm your (something) counselor." It sounded like a funny line, but I couldn't make out what he said. If anyone had a DVR and could let me know what he said, I'd appreciate it. Thanks loads!

Thanks slaytonf, that's very kind of you to answer -- and so quickly too!

I had thought Eddie said "camp" too, but I doubted myself because of the new TCM Sunday night franchise called "Movie Camp," and I couldn't understand why he'd say "Camp counselor" instead of "Noir counselor" for example. So I just figured that I heard it wrong, but you confirmed that I did indeed hear it right. I'm relieved to know my hearing still works. 150529_140548_28592501.gif

Thanks so much again for taking time to answer my question tonight. 150609_120623_88037941.gif

Thanks slaytonf, that's very kind of you to answer -- and so quickly too!

I had thought Eddie said "camp" too, but I doubted myself because of the new TCM Sunday night franchise called "Movie Camp," and I couldn't understand why he'd say "Camp counselor" instead of "Noir counselor" for example. So I just figured that I heard it wrong, but you confirmed that I did indeed hear it right. I'm relieved to know my hearing still works. 150529_140548_28592501.gif

Thanks so much again for taking time to answer my question tonight. 150609_120623_88037941.gif

You're welcome, it seems everyone has summer camp on their mind.

I totally agree: Eddie's presentations during this year's Summer of Darkness festival have been great. He's informative, entertaining, amusing and very smooth in his delivery. He's a real natural as a host on TCM.

Kudos to The Czar of Noir! 5.gif

I totally agree: Eddie's presentations during this year's Summer of Darkness festival have been great. He's informative, entertaining, amusing and very smooth in his delivery. He's a real natural as a host on TCM.

Kudos to The Czar of Noir! 5.gif

Maybe they'll expand his role. If they do, you know that TCM will be showing more noirs as part of their regular programming.

That's what I'm hoping. It would be great if TCM could find a permanent place for Eddie on the network -- maybe with a new franchise that he could permanently host; or down the line, when Robert Osborne retires, perhaps as one of his replacements along with Ben, and also Leonard Maltin, who I also think is an outstanding host.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings