Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ruth Gordon cameo in Annie Hall

*** I accidentally hit post before I was ready. How do you edit a thread title?

Go to the first post in that thread - click EDIT - click USE FULL EDITOR - change your title - click SUBMIT MODIFIED POST - when the warning pops up click the back arrow at upper left of screen - click SUBMIT MODIFIED POST one more time - that should do it

Go to the first post in that thread - click EDIT - click USE FULL EDITOR - change your title - click SUBMIT MODIFIED POST - when the warning pops up click the back arrow at upper left of screen - click SUBMIT MODIFIED POST one more time - that should do it

I didn't get a warning popup, instead I was taken to page saying something about an "illegal string"

But the title got edited, so thanks

Someone on another board asked suggested Ruth Gordon has an uncredited cameo in Annie Hall as the "Love fades" lady:

https://youtu.be/9dlypec4dP4

Any opinions?

Opinions about what? Whether it's Ruth Gordon or not? I always thought it was, all 3 seconds of her cameo in that film. Sure looks and sounds like Ruth Gordon.

(hey, I thought you didn't like Woody Allen. How come you're talking about one of his movies here? Guess you're a Ruth Gordon fan.)

Opinions about what? Whether it's Ruth Gordon or not? I always thought it was, all 3 seconds of her cameo in that film. Sure looks and sounds like Ruth Gordon.

Gordon is not listed on IMDb

Here is the cast list for that scene:

Lou Picetti     ...     Street Stranger

Loretta Tupper     ...     Street Stranger

James Burge     ...     Street Stranger

Shelley Hack ...     Street Stranger

Albert Ottenheimer... Street Stranger

Paula Trueman ...     Street Stranger

hey, I thought you didn't like Woody Allen. How come you're talking about one of his movies here?

I don't like Woody Allen the 4th rate Ingmar Bergman. I like Woody Allen the comedian: the Woody who claimed the paper had printed that his wife had been "violated", and said that knowing his wife, it was probably not a moving violation; the Woody who didn't plant a tree in Israel because he got a good deal on a tree in Syria; the Woody who works as the dresser in a Paris strip club for 40 francs a week, because it's all he can afford; the Woody who asked an audience, 'I'd like to leave you on a positive note -- would you settle for two negatives?"

Could have been PAULA TRUEMAN.  She had a big part in the unusual 1974 film 'HOMEBODIES' with its plotline of senior citizens who decide to fight back violently against City Hall and construction crews. 

Could have been PAULA TRUEMAN.  She had a big part in the unusual 1974 film 'HOMEBODIES' with its plotline of senior citizens who decide to fight back violently against City Hall and construction crews. 

Yes, I believe you're correct. Just google her name and have a look.

Gordon is not listed on IMDb

Here is the cast list for that scene:

Lou Picetti     ...     Street Stranger

Loretta Tupper     ...     Street Stranger

James Burge     ...     Street Stranger

Shelley Hack ...     Street Stranger

Albert Ottenheimer... Street Stranger

Paula Trueman ...     Street Stranger

I don't like Woody Allen the 4th rate Ingmar Bergman. I like Woody Allen the comedian: the Woody who claimed the paper had printed that his wife had been "violated", and said that knowing his wife, it was probably not a moving violation; the Woody who didn't plant a tree in Israel because he got a good deal on a tree in Syria; the Woody who works as the dresser in a Paris strip club for 40 francs a week, because it's all he can afford; the Woody who asked an audience, 'I'd like to leave you on a positive note -- would you settle for two negatives?"

Shelley Hack is the female of the couple which states that they are both shallow and uninteresting.

If a joke has to be explained, it's no longer funny......Jay Leno

Hehe.

Well Ruth Gordon was actually fully visible as "Carlton's Mother" on that episode of RHODA . . . unlike Carlton himself.

Rhoda426.jpg

Rhoda421RuthGordon.jpg

My favorite line from that episode:

Carlton's Mother (to Rhoda): "You got any spare meat?"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings