Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comcast: Please Let Me Watch TCM

BillyBrown

Finally after 15 years TCM comes in clear.  I was there! 

Uh Wen wuz dat?

I was there in 1992 when cable tv (up) down graded itself. They said it was an upgrade.

TCM has always been blurry except for a brief period I got satelite.  Comcast bought all the cable owners out.  TCM remained blurry.  All the Encore channels?  clear as can be.

Because you people bought every dvd they had to sell.  And now they sold so many Billions$ worth ...........

They have unblurred it. 

And you all bought every new expensive tvs so why bother blurrying after you did everything you were told to do. 

506ad813d9127e31040012c7._w.1500_s.fit_.

TCM has always been blurry except for a brief period I got satelite.  Comcast bought all the cable owners out.  TCM remained blurry.  All the Encore channels?  clear as can be.

I'm just curious, in all that time, did you ever call your cable company and ask them to send out a technician and check the problem?  Did you ask any of your friends and neighbors if they were seeing the same thing?

If nobody else is having the same trouble, it's something at your end. Maybe  as simple as a poor connection up on the pole or the line coming into your house.  A service call might have resolved it for you a long time ago.

While technical problems do happen, no cable company would purposely  blur the picture on one channel. That's just nonsense.

Comcast cable had poor picture quality for me too when I tried them out a few years back when they offered me a special. They sent me a stupid receiver with no HDMI output or HD so I took it back to their location downtown before the 30 day money back guarantee ran out and said no thank you. I'm just too use to the great picture quality that I get from Dish to except the inferior quality from Comcast. 

Finally after 15 years TCM comes in clear.  I was there! 

Uh Wen wuz dat?

I was there in 1992 when cable tv (up) down graded itself. They said it was an upgrade.

Because you people bought every dvd they had to sell.  And now they sold so many Billions$ worth ...........

They have unblurred it. 

And you all bought every new expensive tvs so why bother blurrying after you did everything you were told to do. 

506ad813d9127e31040012c7._w.1500_s.fit_.

To add to Mark's post, maybe even an inadvertent setting on the TV or receiver box.  Or not...

I have Comcast and TCM is available in both the standard & HD versions. Comes in perfectly.

I wonder why they sent me a Motorola Digital Receiver when I signed up with them? They called me on the phone and said come back and try Comcast again and if you don't think we are better than what you have just cancel within 30. days. The receiver they sent only had RCA Jack output. I told him I had a HD DVR from Dish when he asked me what I was currently using. So he should have known that I would be disappointed. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings