Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Omar Sharif has died

sorry. Voice transcription may have heard some of that last message wrong, but I'm in a hurry I've got to get to work sorry bye. More later.

okay honey, I wouldve quit my job 100 * over it wasn't for the site. Another warning though, sometimes it has issues loading and not responding you have to close it down to reopen it. But seriously so juicy it's worth it.

LOL. Whatever gets us through the day.........

"About a week from the moment I met her, I was madly in love with her. I thought she was the most gorgeous girl I'd ever seen in my life...I found her physically beautiful, and I started lusting after this woman."

Sharif also said this about Streisand

"About a week from the moment I met her, I was madly in love with her. I thought she was the most gorgeous girl I'd ever seen in my life...I found her physically beautiful, and I started lusting after this woman."

LOL. Quite a sea change. Her charms apparently wore off quickly...........

Or he is a liar whichever opinion you believe. Or it's context. Rex Reed was a longtime Streisand detractor

When did he make that statement?   Statements made while making a film or while promoting it are often very positive but untruthful due to economic or contractual reasons.

here's more:

Co-stars Barbra Streisand and Omar Sharif had an affair during the making of Funny Girl which Sharif details in his 1976 autobiography The Eternal Male. Later he told Rex Reed, "She's a monster. I had nothing to do but stand around. But she's a fascinating monster. Sometimes I just stood on the sidelines and watched her. I think her biggest problem is that she wants to be a woman and she wants to be beautiful and she is neither."

I worked and an unpaid intern (16 years old), on a Barbra Streisand television special, and she drove everyone slightly insane.  Not because she was deliberately mean or intentionally awful to anyone; but, because she seemed to exist on her own planet, with a completely different set of rules from the rest of us.  When I read about her out of control ego, I cannot reason that with the person I observed those 2 days (nights) on the special.  She really had no ego. She didn't seem to care what others thought of her, at all.  It was her id that appeared off, to me.  The very few conversations I had with her, were perfectly pleasant.  However, she appeared to have been raised by wolves, as she seemed to, completely, lack any sense of decorum.  She also never complained, and did everything she was told to do.  She was certainly fascinating to watch.  Far more fascinating, off screen, than I ever found her on.  Or, on stage, for that matter.  When I saw her in FUNNY GIRL, on Broadway, she was completely languid in the role. only coming to life when she sang.  When I saw the show, again, when Mimi Hines took over, it was like seeing a completely different (better) show.  I know millions adore her, but I just never got the appeal, and that's okay.  I don't need to get it.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, mr6666, I missed it on TCM.

My little friends and I swooned over him as we watched Dr. Zhivago in the theatre.  A special actor.

Or he is a liar whichever opinion you believe. Or it's context. Rex Reed was a longtime Streisand detractor

Rex Reed is also the worst.

With LA STREISAND, I just seperate the beauty from the beast. At the end of the day, her work in several films (but in particular What's Up Doc? ) is among the best done by any actress ever; and that is a fact.

However, I have heard firsthand anecdotes too, and I think in real life: she beast.

ps- if you get the chance DO CHECK OUT HER COFFEE TABLE BOOK DEDICATED TO HER "AND JAMES'" MALIBU ESTATE. It is INSANE. She is INSANE. I read it in the middle of my local Barnes and Noble laughing so hard, I got a lot of side eye from passers by; I totally didn't care, I was like "no, you have to read this: this is hilarious."

pss- She has an ice cream parlor and fully stocked candy shop in her basement. She is out of her G**D***ed mind.

• Like 1

Not allowed to post images here, but seriously: go to BING IMAGES and type in "Barbra Streisand Underground Mall."

It's pictures of the Underground Mall she has in her home.

Yes.

Rex Reed is also the worst.

With LA STREISAND, I just seperate the beauty from the beast. At the end of the day, her work in several films (but in particular What's Up Doc? ) is among the best done by any actress ever; and that is a fact.

However, I have heard firsthand anecdotes too, and I think in real life: she beast.

ps- if you get the chance DO CHECK OUT HER COFFEE TABLE BOOK DEDICATED TO HER "AND JAMES'" MALIBU ESTATE. It is INSANE. She is INSANE. I read it in the middle of my local Barnes and Noble laughing so hard, I got a lot of side eye from passers by; I totally didn't care, I was like "no, you have to read this: this is hilarious."

pss- She has an ice cream parlor and fully stocked candy shop in her basement. She is out of her G**D***ed mind.

LOL. I thought she had some sort of memorabilia museum in her basement too?

LOL. I thought she had some sort of museum memorabilia in her basement too?

bing images: BARBRA STREISAND: MY PASSION FOR DESIGN.

Just do it.

The pics defy description.

bing images: BARBRA STREISAND: MY PASSION FOR DESIGN.

Just do it.

The pics defy description.

LOL. I remember her talking on Oprah about it during Oprah's "farewell" month...........

Another feather in her cap is she seems more successful at designing than James Brolin was at penny stocks, lol.

• Like 1

Mark your calendars for Monday, September 21 -- that is the night TCM has set aside to pay tribute to Omar Sharif. This replaces a Carole Landis marathon previously scheduled.

The new schedule for that night is:

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO (1965) at 8:00

FUNNY GIRL (1968) at 11:30

FUNNY LADY (1975) at 2:30

• Like 1

Mark your calendars for Monday, September 21 -- that is the night TCM has set aside to pay tribute to Omar Sharif. This replaces a Carole Landis marathon previously scheduled.

Curveball there with FUNNY LADY.

Can't work up too much enthusiasm for this list.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Who knows? My ex knew several people she had helped without any fanfare.

I agree the book is ridiculous. And i loved Buyer and Cellar. I think she is very lazy. How many movies has she done since Yentl? She was after all the most bankable actress in movies for at least a decade

oh, I don't think she's lazy at all. I think she's a perfectionist- obsessively so.

and, like Warren Beatty, nobody wants to give her the chance anymore because they know a project is going to be a long, soul crushing, arduous, extremely expensive and quite possibly money-losing prospect.

not. Worth. The headache.

Thanks for the heads up! Interesting his breakthrough role isnt being shown (Lawrence) but I wouldnt have sat through it anyway. Too bad about Carole Landis. If you blink you'd miss him in Funny Lady. More a cameo role..........

• Like 1

"And all these years I've been in love with a set of g*d*** toothbrushes."

oh, I don't think she's lazy at all. I think she's a perfectionist- obsessively so.

and, like Warren Beatty, nobody wants to give her the chance anymore because they know a project is going to be a long, soul crushing, arduous, extremely expensive and quite possibly money-losing prospect.

not. Worth. The headache.

Yeah, that's true. I've seen her linked to so many projects over the years (acting and directing) that never come to pass.........And at her age, her acting days are really behind her. I doubt she'd want to do character roles.........

Perhaps but she did the majority of her movies a very short span and then pretty much stopped working.

As for not worth the bother she was the first choice for practically every role (whether she was right for it or not) for years because of the possibility of big box office.