Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roger Rees (1944-2015)

jakeem

Welsh actor Roger Rees, who starred as the Sheriff of Rottingham in Mel Brooks' 1993 spoof "Robin Hood: Men in Tights," has died at the age of 71.

He became familiar to television audiences on the TV series "Cheers" (as millionaire Robin Colcord) and "The West Wing" (as Lord John Marbury, the UK's ambassador to the United States).

Rees also was a Tony Award winner for his performance in the landmark 1980s stage play "The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby," based on the Charles Dickens novel. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/07/11/roger-rees-tony-winner-robin-colcord-cheers-dies/30006431/

• Like 1

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this! I knew Roger and liked him very much. I first saw him on stage in 1978, in a musical version of A Comedy of Errors presented by the Royal Shakespeare Company, also starring Judi Dench. Some years later he moved to New York, where I got to know him and work with him. Lovely man -- great actor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings