Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Madeline Kahn

Dominick

Madeline Kahn was one the movies greatest comediennes of all time and today is her 63rd birthday. I wish you at TCM could have done a birthday salute or star of the month for her. She only made 24 theatrical movies in her career, not counting the 3 animated films and 1 short film. But here is her filmography. What's Up, Doc?, Paper Moon, From The Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, At Long Last Love, The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, Won Ton Ton-The Dog Who Saved Hollywood, High Anxiety, The Cheap Detective, The Muppet Movie, Simon, Happy Birthday, Gemini, Wholly Moses, First Family, History of the World-Part 1, Yellowbeard, Slapstick of Another Kind, City Heat, Clue, Betsy's Wedding, Mixed Nuts, Nixon and Judy Berlin. Not all of them are classics and some are considered masterpieces. Madeline Kahn deserves to be remembered for her work.

I loved her too, Dominick. I remember her hilarious performance (stealing the show from Barbra Streisand) in What's Up, Doc? And Young Frankenstein. And her wonderful spoof of Marlene in Blazing Saddles (Lili Von Shtupp). Lots of others, and finally her recurring role on The Cosby Show.

She had a wonderful voice - listen to the original cast recording of Two by Two (with Danny Kaye) or On the Twentieth Century - nominated for a Tony.

Madeline died, far too young, in December 1999. I'll never forget her and, thanks to the miracles of film, she will never truly die.

Thanks for reminding me.

Ralph

I was watching the other night "Destry rides again"1939 and when Marlene Dietrich was singing "See vhat the boys in the back room will have" all I thought about was Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles" I couldn't keep a straight face.

She was one of the best and she is still missed.

vallo

if you ever come across any early thirties movies keep an eye out for an actress called jean arthur, as she was the spitting image of madeline kahn i saw her in a movie called the ex mrs bradford, with william powell and its madeline to a tee, same style, way of speaking and acting i've never seen anyone come that close to being her, it was eerie, but i loved the film because it was as if madeline was in it...and i love madeline kahn as im sure many others do...