Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those who will never be Tcm SOTM

NipkowDisc

Una O'Connor because they doan have The Invisible Man or Bride of Frankenstein. :D

208vbdx.png

But TCM could possibly have access to these two films as they have been shown before. In fact, Frankenstein, Bride Of Frankenstein, Son Of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, The Mummy and Dracula's Daughter (all Universal films) have all been shown on TCM. I wish they'd show Dracula and The Werewolf Of London. I don't recall those two films ever shown on TCM in the 20+ years

I've had the station on my cable line-up.

when I said 'those' I meant those that who rate being a tcm SOTM but will not be because it is to inconvenient for tcm to facilitate.

I mean how could tcm ever do complete justice to Una O'Connor as a SOTM when they doan have either The Invisible Man or Bride of Frankenstein?

tcm ain't perfect. they fail to do homage to those who certainly deserve to be SOTM like Una O'Connor and continue to shortchange the horror and science fiction genres.

by viewing horror and sci-fi as being on a lower pedestal than the classic crime/gangster/film noir pictures they do a disservice to the whole of cinema which includes horror and science fiction.

fine if that's their choice but they shouldn't crow so much about what great unparalleled cinemaphiles they be.

tcm imo really shouldn't do that if they are so willing to ignore such a large portion of cinema that is horror and science fiction. :)

when I said 'those' I meant those that who rate being a tcm SOTM but will not be because it is to inconvenient for tcm to facilitate.

I mean how could tcm ever do complete justice to Una O'Connor as a SOTM when they doan have either The Invisible Man or Bride of Frankenstein?

tcm ain't perfect. they fail to do homage to those who certainly deserve to be SOTM like Una O'Connor and continue to shortchange the horror and science fiction genres.

by viewing horror and sci-fi as being on a lower pedestal than the classic crime/gangster/film noir pictures they do a disservice to the whole of cinema which includes horror and science fiction.

fine if that's their choice but they shouldn't crow so much about what great unparalleled cinemaphiles they be.

tcm imo really shouldn't do that if they are so willing to ignore such a large portion of cinema that is horror and science fiction. :)

I'm so happy TCM is doing a disservice to the genres you favor.    Keep it up TCM!!   :lol:

I don't know what prompts you to repeat claiming this.  TCM has shown these two movies often.

I'd like to see Helen Westley as SOTM. I think TCM has access to many of her movies.

She's one of my favorites. My mother's mother was exactly like her, in looks and temperament. So I always feel I am watching family when I watch Helen Westley on screen.

She worked with Loretta Young several times. Loretta requested her to play a great character part in BEDTIME STORY, which I feel is Helen's best role.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings