Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

U.c.l.a. selections disappointing

28Silent

I'm very disappointed ,but not surprises that t.c.m. tribute to u.c.l.a is  going to be nothing but remaster repeats of classic films rather than never before seen restored classic film of the 1930 and 40's .like the u.c.l.a archive theater would do.Except for the artsy modern film they are going to include .What do they think? I'm not that naive like mainstream classic film fans ,the fans of corporate controlled classic .I'm fearing that t.cm is slowly  becoming what happen to  A.m.c. I'm fearful going down hill.It's not all that best classic film channel cause of their choices and variety being limited 

I'm very disappointed ,but not surprises that t.c.m. tribute to u.c.l.a is  going to be nothing but remaster repeats of classic films rather than never before seen restored classic film of the 1930 and 40's .like the u.c.l.a archive theater would do.Except for the artsy modern film they are going to include .What do they think? I'm not that naive like mainstream classic film fans ,the fans of corporate controlled classic .I'm fearing that t.cm is slowly  becoming what happen to  A.m.c. I'm fearful going down hill.It's not all that best classic film channel cause of their choices and variety being limited 

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Oh, BTW:  TCM did feature two UCLA restored films Women on the Run and Too Late for Tears as part of their noir series.  These were not 'repeats of classic films' since both films haven't been available to the general public for decades.

I wish they had chosen to re-air THE PROWLER, a great noir with Evelyn Keyes & Van Heflin. It should have been included during either the Summer of Darkness or the UCLA tribute (or both).

TCM has shown The Prowler before and it would have been a great addition to either series.    Hopefully TCM shows this film again.   One of the best starring roles for Van Heflin.   

• Like 1

TCM has shown The Prowler before and it would have been a great addition to either series.    Hopefully TCM shows this film again.   One of the best starring roles for Van Heflin.   

There's an article about THE PROWLER on TCM's news page, with Eddie Muller:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-news.html?id=1103044&name=Dick-Dinman-and-Eddie-Muller-Salute-Noir-Classic-THE-PROWLER

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings