Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't remember the name of a movie help?

Miss E West

Sounds like Nothing Sacred (1937) w/ Fredric March, Carole Lombard and some early 3-strip technicolor.

I'm very impressed that you pulled that one out of the hat.     What confused me was "beautiful color film".   It made me think of films made in the 50s or latter.      All the prints I have seen of the film and this 3-strip Technicolor looked washed out \ faded.   

The film was one of the first color comedy film  (maybe the first?).

I'm very impressed that you pulled that one out of the hat.     What confused me was "beautiful color film".   It made me think of films made in the 50s or latter.      All the prints I have seen of the film and this 3-strip Technicolor looked washed out \ faded.   

The film was one of the first color comedy film  (maybe the first?).

Not sure if it was the first. The early two-strip films Mystery of the Max Museum and Dr. X are both pretty heavy-handed with comedy due to the inclusion of Glenda Farrell and Lee Tracy respectively. They aren't comedies, per se, but I find them more effective for the humor than the chills, especially the former.

I think early technicolor has a certain pastel charm to it. You don't see it very often, maybe that's why I think that.

P.S, Glad I could help, Miss E West. There's another film with March that came out around the time, A Star is Born, also in color. Not sure if it's a partner film, of if they just like putting out color films in pairs.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings