Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dawson's Creek

harlow1085

Okay, I know you're wondering just what the heck Dawson's Creek has to do with classic film, but, if you're at all familiar with the show, you know that one of the main characters, Dawson, loves movies and wants to be a filmmaker. In a recent re-run I saw on TBS he meets an old man, named A.I. Brooks, who lives in the same small town as he does, and he discovers he used to be a filmmaker in the forties and fifties. Well, Dawson gets ahold of one of this man's films, and for the life of me I can't remember the whole title, but it ends in "My Sweet." The plot involved a young woman who has completely given up on finding love and hires a hitman to kill her, and she ends up falling in love with him. I know A.I. Brooks doesn't exist, but does anyone know if his film was possibly based on a real classic film? I just think it sounds like a great movie; Dawson described it as a "film noir/ black comedy/ romance," and that's my kind of movie (or "picture" as Mr. Brooks calls them).

Any information would be really appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Carrie ;-)