Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UCLA Film & Television Archive night 7-15-15

cinemafan

Some highlights for me -

a very young Ann Sheridan in the Extras short.

a very young Robert Mitchum in the Makeup short (getting chest hair pasted on!) 1942

They were not named inidividually in the schedule, but from the UCLA Shorts & Newsreels -

the one about "Americanism" 1939 with James Cagney, Paul Muni, Edward Arnold and more.

the Gone With the Wind premiere newsreel with the last of the Boys in Gray (old soldiers) and Laurence Olivier trailing way behind Viven Leigh.

the Defense Bonds short with Ronald Reagan and a blonde Jane Wyman.

the March of Dimes newsreel with an uncomfortable looking Van Johnson and Margaret O'Brien.

Fats Domino playing the piano and being questioned (baited) by unseen reporters about why there were riots in cities over rock and roll.  Fats Domino appeared to be one of the most positive, dignified people I have ever seen

Stunts short - I'd seen this one before - scary but entertaining.

I enjoyed the evening - glad I took a chance and watched without knowing what was coming up next at times. (Got to get to work now).

• Like 2

Some highlights for me -

a very young Ann Sheridan in the Extras short.

a very young Robert Mitchum in the Makeup short (getting chest hair pasted on!) 1942

They were not named inidividually in the schedule, but from the UCLA Shorts & Newsreels -

the one about "Americanism" 1939 with James Cagney, Paul Muni, Edward Arnold and more.

the Gone With the Wind premiere newsreel with the last of the Boys in Gray (old soldiers) and Laurence Olivier trailing way behind Viven Leigh.

the Defense Bonds short with Ronald Reagan and a blonde Jane Wyman.

the March of Dimes newsreel with an uncomfortable looking Van Johnson and Margaret O'Brien.

Fats Domino playing the piano and being questioned (baited) by unseen reporters about why there were riots in cities over rock and roll.  Fats Domino appeared to be one of the most positive, dignified people I have ever seen

Stunts short - I'd seen this one before - scary but entertaining.

I enjoyed the evening - glad I took a chance and watched without knowing what was coming up next at times. (Got to get to work now).

hey, would they have John Nesbitt's Passing Parade: our old car? :huh:

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings