Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Movie Club!

This is my first time in this forum!! Well, I just wanted to recommend all students of either high school or college to start a Classic Movie Club! I started one and was the president of that club at my high school when I was a senior last year, and it was a BLAST! We watched "North by Northwest", "What a Way to GO!", "It's a Wonderful Life", "Send Me No Flowers", "The Philadelphia Story", "Spellbound", and some of "Casablanca". We just got together during lunch to watch these spectacular films and talked about them! Thanks to TCM and my parents who kept on playing B&W movies since I was a baby...I could help open fellow student's eyes to the great classics in film history!

-Rose M

It's a real fun way to spend lunch time! To publicize it thoughout the school, I put up posters advertising what film we were watching for...It usually took one movie per month (we met once a week). Also I sent e-mails to the ones who signed up. It's really fun if you know of someone else who loves those classics too, so maybe you guys could start the club together!

That's a brillant idea! At my middle school they had a classic movies club...but it didn't do so well. And I wasn't really into classic movies at that age. Also it was mandatory that you had to join a club so if they didn't have room for you in your desired club you were put in the "old movies" club which everyone hated. I might start one when I'm a junoir or senoir but, I don't know that many people my age who like "old" movies...my parents even don't!

Sabrinafair, I know how you feel. My parents don't care for the classics as much as I do either. My dad likes the known classics like Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon, but he doesn't care for the other stuff. Too bad we don't go to the same high school, we could start the classic movie club.