Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oil, gas and coal companies have damaged our planet by lying to the public about climate change, even though they have known for decades that it is real and man-made.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/fossil_fuel_fraud_20150716

Ever asked yourself...???

DiamondLanePic.png

california_freeway_traffic.jpg

traffic.jpg

So why don't most people switch to this if they are that concerned?

071119_smartCar_hmed1p.grid-6x2.jpg

or this instead of those HUGE SUV's

article-2299996-18F37F20000005DC-919_468

Just a thought.

Now China is building a huge freeway infrastructure and they don't give a hoot about pollution - building dirty power plants, etc.

ja38.jpg

Look at the smog over there.

cht-300x207.jpg

AirPollution2.jpg

China_pollution_AP971430398958_620x350.j

It's blows over HERE and we get carbon taxed to line the pockets of corrupt politicians.

http://www.weather.com/news/news/china-pollution-reaches-us-20140121

071119_smartCar_hmed1p.grid-6x2.jpg

or this instead of those HUGE SUV's

the current potus and his administration oughta provide a free one of those to every driving-able person in America and send the bill to the EPA as a special dispensation in the planet's interest...

SAVE THE PLANET!

:) 

Regarding CO2 levels, we are still within the normal cycle by which the rise will occur REGARDLESS of what we do.

Recent short time line

vostok-co2-and-temperature.jpg

Much broader long term

co2_temperature_historical.png

John Casey's research is not based on  pseudoscience or POLITICS.

Oil, gas and coal companies have damaged our planet by lying to the public about climate change, even though they have known for decades that it is real and man-made.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/fossil_fuel_fraud_20150716

Not just THEM, Dark.  All of the industrial quarter has as well.  And their ability to chunk over large wads of cash to their congressional suck-azzes helped get many politicians to call  global warming  "Junk Science"  Also, to whit:

Back in 1970, the largest polluter in the Downriver Detroit area(where I hail from)GREAT LAKES STEEL convinced all local munincipalities, when the big environmental "push" began, to pass a law instead, to prohibit area residents from burning leaves in the Fall!  While STILL needing to rinse off their cars, the graphite dust from the mill that for years has settled on all the cars as far as 15 miles from the mill. 

While I'll admit burning leaves might not be all that good for the environment, it probably didn't contribute to the overall level of pollution that the MILL routinely did.

Sepiatone

Earth is 4.54 billion years old, as scary as it sounds it has been way worse than this in the past.

Really?   70% of the GOP Candidates for President told me the earth is much younger than that  (and the others wouldn't answer).     :blink:

Meanwhile in the Antarctic-

Record Antarctic sea ice is forcing scientists to consider relocating research bases as they struggle to cope.

Satellite observations show a new daily record being set for ­Antarctic sea ice every day for the past two weeks. Annual records have also been broken every year for the past three years.

Rob Wooding, general manager of the Australian Antarctic Division’s Operations Branch, said expanding sea ice was now causing serious problems.

Last year, fuel supplies were flown to Australia’s Mawson base by helicopter because the harbour had failed to clear. Dr Wooding said the situation was “unsustainable”.

• Like 2

Meanwhile in the Antarctic-

Record Antarctic sea ice is forcing scientists to consider relocating research bases as they struggle to cope.

Satellite observations show a new daily record being set for ­Antarctic sea ice every day for the past two weeks. Annual records have also been broken every year for the past three years.

Rob Wooding, general manager of the Australian Antarctic Division’s Operations Branch, said expanding sea ice was now causing serious problems.

Last year, fuel supplies were flown to Australia’s Mawson base by helicopter because the harbour had failed to clear. Dr Wooding said the situation was “unsustainable”.

Picture-815.png

snowcamel.jpg?w=551

Climate change is not only making the planet warmer, it is also making snowstorms stronger and more frequent, US scientists said on Tuesday.

Lol. Thanks for the warming, er, I mean warning. Even the Sphinx and camels can't figure this one out.

Climate change is not only making the planet warmer, it is also making snowstorms stronger and more frequent, US scientists said on Tuesday.

Lol. Thanks for the warming, er, I mean warning. Even the Sphinx and camels can't figure this one out.

They have no idea how hot under the collar the average peasant was in 1150 AD :lol:

mwp.gif

Oil, gas and coal companies have damaged our planet by lying to the public about climate change

And this is exactly why I'm against fracking. I simply do not trust energy companies.

Why continue questionable methods of extraction when what we SHOULD be doing is weaning ourselves off fossil fuels. We are "past peak" extraction anyway. It's so obvious these "energy" companies are grasping at straws.

One of the best books on this subject is THE LONG EMERGENCY by James Howard Kunstler

Americans are lazy. They want to use air conditioners, warm up their cars 20 minutes before getting in, water their lawns, etc. They don't care about the environment, only their immediate personal comfort & convenience. I am amazed at the wasteful mindset most Americans have.

The "crying Indian" PSA for littering made a HUGE impact on Americans in the 70's. I think we need national campaigns like this again, to drill into people it's not about "them" but about "us" and our planet.

And in turn, we need to boycott nations who exacerbate the problems instead of help it.

• Like 1

why should we get tough on ourselves when the chi-comms doan even care about their smog?

so I say libs oughta stop bothering people with this sort of rigamarow.

we only get one chance in this crazy mixed up roller coaster called life to trash our own planet so...

enjoy! :D 

Tiki, you ought to know by now that when any industry; ie: oil, food or whomever, promotes the safety or convienience of ANYthing questionable, it's NEVER in anyone else's best interest except THEIRS.

Like energy companies promoting the "safety" of fracking, or the food industry, a few years ago, promoting the "harmless" use of high fructose corn syrup.

Whenever they say, "experts agree", they only mean those "experts" that are in their pockets.

Sepiatone

iceage.jpg

uh...why has the established term 'global warming' been abandoned in favor of 'climate change'?

answer:

too many cold winters in the american northeast wouldn't fit into that narrative.

why should that go unnoticed by rational men and women? :huh:

there has always been climate change. always. forty years ago leftists were cryin' about a coming new ice age.

the stats didn't exactly fit so the new bugaboo became global warming...now that doan fit so now it's a very ambiguous climate change as a harbinger for their old bugaboo an approaching ice age.

americans have been listening to this happy hs from the left for the last forty years. what they really want is for humanity to repudiate the last 200 years of modern industrialization. yeah, the chi-comms will be the first ones in line to do that. :lol:

I'm sorry, but the left lost me when I saw that they were willing to outlaw smoking outdoors in California.

I'm a lifelong non-smoker (never smoked anything in my life) but telling people they they cannot even smoke outside is a soft tyranny mindset. no sensible person is gonna buy into kind of hs. so I say leave it alone.

plan a trip to florida and go hug some manchineel. :lol:

that'll sure end your environmental concerns for ya. :)

• Like 1

I believe the word is 'rigmarole' or 'rigamarole', NipkowDisc.  I think you could spell it either way. 

------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of the posts I read below made me chuckle.  I certainly would not apologize to anyone ever for liking air conditioning and using it when I can.  ► Lazy for liking A/C?  What an unbelievable load of Bull Excrement. ◄ Anyone who enjoys roasting in the heat of a wickedly hot summer can be my guest.  I've only lived in FL and GA and it gets bloody hot in the summer in both states and the West Palm Beach, FL area stays warm or hot most of the year.  So, yeah, I do like my A/C.  Unapologetically.    

I would like to point out, however -- in all my selfish American glory -- that my old car does not even have an air conditioner.  So I do my sweaty suffering bit for The Good Of Man -AND- The Good Of The Interplanetary Universal Hand of The Cosmos when I have occasion to drive around in late spring, summer and early fall.   It helps beat the heat a little bit when I open my vent window, too!  (Gee . . . maybe I'm not so lazy after all!  I feel pretty darn GOOD now!).  I do actually have to warm my car up for about 10 minutes when it's cold outside and about 5 minutes when it's warm.  You see, because the car is half-century old it needs to be warmed up a bit because the transmission won't upshift past 35 MPH if the humble Falcon doesn't get 'warmed up' enough.  (A thought:  Maybe Al Gore can calculate the 'carbon footprint' of a 1964 Ford Falcon 2-door sedan with a 170-CID engine while he's jetting around the country in his private plane?). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I note a picture of a smart car on this thread?  Kinda cute.  But is it an ecologically-friendly death trap?  IT'S SO DARN SMALL!!!  AND IS IT REALLY  ECOLOGICALLY FRIENDLY?  I DON'T KNOW . . . ?      

......  (A thought:  Maybe Al Gore can calculate the 'carbon footprint' of a 1964 Ford Falcon 2-door sedan with a 170-CID engine while he's jetting around the country in his private plane?). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I note a picture of a smart car on this thread?  Kinda cute.  But is it an ecologically-friendly death trap?  IT'S SO DARN SMALL!!!  AND IS IT REALLY  ECOLOGICALLY FRIENDLY?  I DON'T KNOW . . . ?      

Wonder what's the carbon foot print of having that thing?

4997-3.jpg

• Like 1

You all just prove my point: the Average American thinks only of themselves individually and not the good of others or even the entire planet.

It's one of the reasons we're in this situation.

I grew up in the 60's where the idea was "if everyone did their one little bit, we could improve our situation." This idea certainly worked for the Civil Rights movement, handicapped accessibility and now for acceptance of gays in society.

Somewhere along the way, the tide has turned back to individualism & entitlement.

• Like 1

The technology to conduct fracking for natural gas & oil is state of the art and has provided a renaissance for the American oil and gas industry producing good-paying jobs with excellent benefits that provide a tax base for the States where it exists so they can have better revenues that will benefit all the citizens. The country as a whole can become energy independent, yep I said that, and shed its dependence on the Middle East and other unsavory regimes with the ever increasing technology. If we expand our shale and offshore production, maybe a new President will help us do that, we then can tell our Canadian friends to keep their oil and sell it to someone else.

Jake in the Heartland

You all just prove my point: the Average American thinks only of themselves individually and not the good of others or even the entire planet.

I grew up in the 60's where the idea was "if everyone did their one little bit, we could improve our situation." This idea certainly worked for the Civil Rights movement, handicapped accessibility and now for acceptance of gays in society.

Somewhere along the way, the tide has turned back to individualism & entitlement.

This city has to represent EVERYTHING you hate.  The only type of people that goes there are to make $$$.  Las Vegas was built for greed., it's even building a water tunnel to take every last drop of water from the drying up Lake Mead according to Pat Mulroy, who served as general manager of the Southern Nevada Water Authority.  Got to keep those fountains running!

Las-Vegas-Bellagio-Fountains.5.jpg

I fervently disagree. the mainstreaming of homosexuality if anything is a byproduct of an obsessive fixation on narcissistic individuality once formally known as situational ethics now consolidated under the banner of moral relativism which can simply be couched as "if it feels good, do it." the problem? it's a recipe for moral and ethical self-destruction. enlightened self-interest is not an unwarranted degree of individualism. it is simply the way of the world. take the Hispanic vote. why do they vote democrat? because they perceive it to be in their own self-interest to vote democrat and I say let them. that is their prerogative as free human beings to vote in their own self-interest. who's to say that they shouldn't? know-it-all bureaucrats?

in other words, how could the acceptance of gay marriage be for the collective good of anybody? judeo-christian moral boundaries have shaped western civilization for the past 500 years. I suppose the mainstreaming of bestiality or pedophilia would not be narcissistic expressions of individualism? and when you allude to everyone doing their own little bit, I would ask by who's definition of a little bit and according to who's criteria? the god-fearing or the godless?

the founding fathers...oh, excuse me, I mean the framers were not total pluralists. they did have religious awareness and undoubtedly it was a judeo-christian one. and yet today we're all suppose to accept, without question, that the percentage of the country that still believes in judeo-christian morality and still tries to live within it's parameters is now completely irrelevant, because the popular culture aided and abetted by the 24/7 cable news outlets, says so?

hey, if it was that cut and dried the democrats would still be in control of the senate. :)