Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SOTM: Sept & Oct, a Coincidence?

allthumbs

Best Actress and Best Actor for 1958, Susan Hayward and David Niven (I Want to Live, Separate Tables), are consecutive SOTMs in Sept and Oct. can this be just a coincidence? if not, what's to follow?

just thought i'd point this out.

• Like 1

Best Actress and Best Actor for 1958, Susan Hayward and David Niven (I Want to Live, Separate Tables), are consecutive SOTMs in Sept and Oct. can this be just a coincidence? if not, what's to follow?

I'm thinking it is a coincidence... Otherwise, we might have to look forward to 1959 Best Actress and Best Actor winners: Simone Signoret and Charlton Heston.

I'm thinking it is a coincidence... Otherwise, we might have to look forward to 1959 Best Actress and Best Actor winners: Simone Signoret and Charlton Heston.

You might have hit on a trend, allthumbs--with Charlton Heston--he made a Lot of films verging on "camp"--& Simone Signoret does have a substantial filmography (41 films)--I could see "Diabolique" (1955) another couple times.  We'll just have to wait & see.

Complete coincidence. We've been pushing for Susan for quite a while. Niven is a retread.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings