Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All quizzes are still up - Quizzes 1 through 5. They need to be completed by August 3, 2015 if you are seeking to earn a Certificate of Completion. All Quizzes can be found under the "Assignments" link on the left hand navigation bar of Canvas, which is conveniently also in the comment right under this one, if you just want to zip right to the quizzes. Thanks everyone for the help on this question!

Hello and Happy late in the eve, and even later in this course. I found this course information very late (yesterday). Since I love the black and white movies, and especialy film noir, I could not pass up the chance to take this wonderful course. I would like to take the course, the exams, and get a certificate. BUT if I cannot get this all completed by 3Aug(?). Is there a late option? if not, I undertand and still would like to take the course, watch the films etc. Hopefully this is possible and if I do not get a certificate.

Thanks

John Edgeworth

Hello and Happy late in the eve, and even later in this course. I found this course information very late (yesterday). Since I love the black and white movies, and especialy film noir, I could not pass up the chance to take this wonderful course. I would like to take the course, the exams, and get a certificate. BUT if I cannot get this all completed by 3Aug(?). Is there a late option? if not, I undertand and still would like to take the course, watch the films etc. Hopefully this is possible and if I do not get a certificate.

Thanks

John Edgeworth

Hi John: Thanks for joining us! I'm the instructor, and you signed up on the last day of enrollments. I do believe it is possible to still earn a Certificate in this course, since you only have to complete 5 quizzes based on 5 video lectures, some readings (not too many), and catch up on the Daily Doses through the Daily Doses Main Page (there are 27 of them now): https://learn.canvas.net/courses/748/pages/daily-doses-of-darkness-main-page

But I would start by reading through the Punchlist for the course on the main Home page of Canvas.

I do have to stress that the course will close on August 3rd, and we cannot offer any extensions. That is just not possible in a course with 20,000+ students, as I hope you can understand. 

But even if you don't earn a Certificate, the next two weeks will be filled with two more Friday lineups of TCM's Summer of Darkness and great noir discussion here, at Canvas and on Twitter.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your experiences here - the community of noir fans here is terrific!

Best, Prof. Edwards

Do I have to create an account on Canvas?  Or is my login info here on TCM board sufficient?  Sorry folks, but I'm new to this and I do want to get a certificate of completion. 

Hi CaliclassicMom2, Are you already enrolled in the Canvas.net course? Enrollment for the course closed on July 19. If you did sign up for the course, the log-in information is the information you provided Canvas when you enrolled in the course. 

TCM Presents Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir is an online course (with video lectures, podcasts, content pages, assigned readings, and quizzes) being offered by Ball State University with TCM on the Canvas Network and has its own site and course materials, though we are also using the TCM message boards as part of the overall course experience. The course began the first week of June and is nine weeks long. The course ends in a few days on August 3rd, as it ran concurrently with TCM's Summer of Darkness noir festival. 

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks, Prof. Edwards

• 2 weeks later...