Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Private Screenings

• 2 months later...

Marsha Hunt, If TCM would really let her tell her story(Osborne I'm sure would). How her carreer was totally destroyed by the blacklist.

I understand she is a wonderful speaker.

Another is Olivia DeHaviland. Anyone who saw the recent GWTW DVD can see what a wonderful story teller she is

She's a great interview. I saw her, I guess, in the late 90s when Tom Snyder had his show on CBS. She was on nearly the whole hour. What a treat. (If you haven't read it you should check out her autobiography - "'Tis Herself.") "Private Screenings" would do well to get her. It's a great series.

Liz Smith's column last week mentioned that the next Private Screenings will be an interview with Angela Lansbury. Even though she may not be as rare on tv as some of the other potential stars we mentioned, I am sure this will be an excellent hour. The column did not mention an air date, or even if the interview actually was filmed yet.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Angela Lansbury. I think TCM is trying to get the most notable stars they can, whether or not we want to see people like Ann Rutherford, and Laraine Day, which, I might add was a GREAT suggestion. I just wish they could get Joan Fontaine or Liz Taylor. I would be wide eyed and totally glued to the screen watching either one of these two legendary ladies being interviewed by Robert Osborne. Either one of them would wind up being one of the most popular Private Screenings ever, right up there with Betty Hutton.

We must remember that the lovely Angela Lansbury was a movie star and began in films at a very young age co-starring with the biggest stars in Hollywood.

She also invited mary of her contempories from MGM to appear on her popular TV series.

I for one am looking forward to her interview which I believe will be very interesting, since she has many recollections of the golden age of Hollywood.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Nina Foch, Anne Francis and Margaret O'Brien in the chair.

• 8 months later...