Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FW Murneau's Skull Reported Stolen

Tikisoo

Just heard a report on NPR that Murneau's grave has been disturbed. The report started with backstory on the movie Nosferatu, then that Murneau's casket had been robbed.

I found this article in Variety: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/f-w-murnau-head-stolen-nosferatu-dracula-1201540223/

So sad, so disrespectful, so self centered an act. 

• Like 1

TikoSoo, while I agree with you that this was sad and disrespectful, I must admit I laughed when I saw this thread title. I dunno, it just sounds funny. I think it's as much that it's F.W.Murneau's skull - "Whaaat? Does someone want to "channel" Murneau from beyond the grave to make some new silent movie or something?"  - as much as anything. 

The whole thing just seems so random and strange. The capacity for weirdness in human beings never fails to amaze me.

edit: at first I could not find the Variety article you cited, but when I did, I read it and saw that the investigators think the motivation may have been some sort of witch's cult. Something straight out of a movie the great director himself might have made.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings