• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Excellent examples yesterday!

screen-shot-2015-11-15-at-5-05-33-pm.png

one thousand nine hundred fiftieth category

Fairy creatures

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 4.15.58 PM

Puck in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM (1935)
Tinker Bell in PETER PAN (1953)
Ariel in PROSPERO’S BOOKS (1991)

• Like 1

FairyTale:  A True Story (1997)  In 1917, two children take photographs, which are soon believed by some to be the first scientific evidence of the existence of fairies.  Peter O'Toole plays Arthur Conan Doyle.

FairyTale: A True Story Poster            Cottingley Fairies - Wikipedia

• Like 2

screen-shot-2015-11-15-at-5-05-33-pm.png

one thousand nine hundred fifty-first category

Inside jokes

In THE GROOM WORE SPURS (1951) the director of a movie within the movie is played by the director of THE GROOM WORE SPURS, Richard Whorf.

Ida Lupino & Edmond O’Brien take a tour of Hollywood homes in THE BIGAMIST (1953). They see Edmund Gwenn’s home. Edmund Gwenn plays a character in THE BIGAMIST.

In OCEAN’S 12 (2004) Julia Roberts’ character Tess Ocean impersonates Julia Roberts.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 5.14.09 PM

• Like 1

In Witness for the Prosecution, Tyrone Power watching himself playing Jesse James on screen.

In How to Marry a Millionaire, there are several inside jokes, including one about Harry James (from Betty Grable)

In Doc Hollywood (sp?), Woody H. makes a joke about Ted Danson (Cheers reference - his character, who comes out to Hollywood/LA - claims Danson isn't a real celebrity).

• Like 2

His Girl Friday ---Walter Burns (Cary Grant) says, " Listen the last man that said that to me was Archie Leach just a week before he cut his throat."

Lance Mannion: Newshounds

What's New Pussycat?  

Man In Strip Club : [Richard Burton in cameo appearance]  Excuse me, haven't *you* seen *me* somewhere before?

Michael James : I know the name, but I can't remember the face.  Give my regards to what's her name...

toole3 | Peter o'toole, Classic hollywood, Old hollywood

• Like 1

In The Rock (1996), Sean Connery's character claims "I was trained by the best… British Intelligence.”

In On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969), George Lazenby's character says: "This never happened to the other fella"

• Like 2

Peter Falk, Columbo  Animated GIF

Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce...Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson        Animated GIF

William Hopper as Perry Mason's favorite private detective, Paul Drake  Animated GIF

• Like 5

Lloyd Nolan started the Michael Shayne series of films.

Hugh Beaumont finished the Shayne series (although it's hard not to picture him as Mr. Cleaver!).

Beaumont and Nolan actually appeared in many noirs.

• Like 3

FRANK   SINATRA    PETER  LORRE   ALBERT  FINNEY    PETER  USTINOV    WILLIAM  CONRAD   KARL  MALDEN   ROCK  HUDSON  ROGER  MOORE  MIKE  CONNORS   MICHAEL  DOUGLAS    PIERCE  BROSNAN   JACK  LORD

• Like 2

James Gleason and Edna M. Oliver as Hildegard Withers

Essie Davis as P. Fischer

Tom Selleck (Magnum), Lance (on Rockford), and Blue Bloods

Chris Noth, Jerry Orbach, Ice T., Mariska H., Christopher Meloni (and all those other L&O detectives)

Margaret Rutheford (Miss Marple)

• Like 3

ANGIE  DICKINSON    SUSAN  SAINT  JAMES      KATE  JACKSON     JACLYN  SMITH      FARRAH  FAWCETT     CHERYL  LADD     TYNE  DALY      SHARON  GLESS     ANNE  FRANCIS     DIANA RIGG

• Like 2
13 hours ago, cinemaman said:

ANGIE  DICKINSON    SUSAN  SAINT  JAMES      KATE  JACKSON     JACLYN  SMITH      FARRAH  FAWCETT     CHERYL  LADD     TYNE  DALY      SHARON  GLESS     ANNE  FRANCIS     DIANA RIGG

To this list I would like to add Nicola Walker, who is the lead detective in the British television series Unforgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1