Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MONK episode "Mr Monk and Little Monk" -- a man tries to get his wife remarried so he can stop paying alimony, but a murder ends up happening

SOME LIKE IT HOT -- "We get a quick annulment, he makes a nice settlement on me, and I keep getting those alimony checks every month!"

NORTH BY NORTHWEST -- "Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself slightly killed."

• Like 3

screen-shot-2015-11-15-at-5-05-33-pm.png

two thousand sixty-first category

In two or more films with Emma Thompson

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 11.43.59 AM

Kenneth Branagh
Phyllida Law (her mother)
Hugh Grant

Posted (edited)

Greg Wise (second husband)

Hugh Laurie

Anthony Hopkins

Maggie Smith

Colin Firth

Alan Rickman

Edited by Fausterlitz
shortened my answer (to give others a chance to respond)
  • Like 2

with  Dustin  Hoffman   Stranger Than  Fiction  2006   Last  Chance  Harvey  2008   with  Liam  Neeson   Love  Actually  2003   Men  In  Black  International   2019

• Like 2

with  Jeremy  Irons  Brideshead  Revisted   2008   Beautiful  Creatures  2013     with  Rowan  Atkinson   Love  Actually  2003   Johnny  English  Strikes  Again  2018

15 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

SOME LIKE IT HOT -- "We get a quick annulment, he makes a nice settlement on me, and I keep getting those alimony checks every month!"

NORTH BY NORTHWEST -- "Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself slightly killed."

Can never hear that first line without also imagining the relish with which Jack Lemmon digs into the word "ev-'ry"...plus the castanets.

Also ironic that Cary Grant actually had two ex-wives (Virginia Cherrill and Barbara Hutton) while filming North by Northwest.  Not sure whether Ernest Lehman already had that in mind when writing the screenplay.

• Like 1

Helena Bonham Carter:  Harry Potter/Howard's End

Bill Nighy:  Pirate Radio/Love Actually/Harry Potter 

Imelda Staunton:  Peter's Friends/Harry Potter/Sense and Sensibility/Much Ado About Nothing/Nanny McFee

Harry Potter' Actors Who Have Worked Together On Other Projects

• Like 1

The  High  Chaparral    Manolito  Montoya  (  Henry  Darrow)  Victoria  Cannon  (  Linda  Cristal)  and  Don  Sebastian  Montoya  ( Frank  Silvera)

• Like 2

Desperate  Housewives   The  Solis  Family    Gabrielle  (  Eva  Longoria)   Carlos  (  Ricardo  Chavira)   Mama  Juanita  (  Lupe Ontiveros)   Celia  (  Daniella  Baltodano)   Ana  (  Maiara  Walsh )

• Like 1

Interesting examples yesterday!

screen-shot-2015-11-15-at-5-05-33-pm.png

two thousand sixty-third category

West coast bound

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.12.46 PM

GOING HOLLYWOOD (1933)
A STAR IS BORN (1937)
I OUGHT TO BE IN PICTURES (1982)

• Like 1

Dick Powell gets the best send-off...Hooray for Hollywood in Hollywood Hotel                                           Animated GIF

W.C. Fields heads west to grow oranges in It's a Gift                                         Animated GIF

Martin and Lewis add a monkey to the act in My Friend Irma Goes West    Animated GIF

The Ricardo's and Mertz's begin their trip to Hollywood in I Love Lucy  Animated GIF

• Like 4

The  Beverly  Hillbillies   tv  show      Without  Reservations  1946      Valley  of  the  Dolls  1967     Hollywood  Boulevard  1976

• Like 3
5 hours ago, shutoo said:

Martin and Lewis add a monkey to the act in My Friend Irma Goes West   

Dean & Jerry also go to Hollywood in HOLLYWOOD OR BUST

SShslDTOXU1joTvOnYoylck4qHaGa9jTmKiPTyNz

• Like 1

GO WEST -- Marx Brothers

go_west.jpg

GRAPES OF WRATH

GIRL CRAZY

BROADMINDED

HARRY AND TONTO

A GOOFY MOVIE

GAS HOUSE KIDS GO WEST

THE LONG, LONG TRAILER

WESTWARD THE WOMEN

SIX OF A KIND

13 HOURS BY AIR

• Like 3

Annie Hall (1977) Annie and Alvy visit LA:  " I don't want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light."

• Like 2