Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Eddie Mueller, Noir Host

DB,

If Freed were here he could use the line of Fields " Yeah and you're crazy but in the morning I'll be sober and you'll be crazy for the rest of your life."

Well, I don't expect that to be a whole lot longer, so I'll just enjoy my craziness while it lasts.

Am I imagining it or is there an anti-intellectual bias at this message board wherein those who back up their comments with knowledge of a topic are relegated to the back in favor of those who speak without facts but in a more pleasing way. I would hope this is not the case. If so I probably would not enjoy being here and will not be missed either.

Good thing you didn't go to off topic chit chat, you hit the nail on the head there, lol. As far as film noir goes there are no facts, I assume this is some disagreement over that. Debating film noir is like debating a bad Picasso, everyone sees what they want to see. I once brought up the Mona Lisa as a film analogy and was treated like a dolt. I don't like film noir expanding like it has to include a ton of movies that have nothing to do with the original concept. It is all about money like everything else. You can't write a book and stick to about 50 movies, they have to keep adding and adding. I joke that Bambi is more film noir now than many film noir movies, but it is almost a fact. Anyway my best advice is to not take this site too seriously, you will get ulcers, lol.

Good thing you didn't go to off topic chit chat, you hit the nail on the head there, lol. As far as film noir goes there are no facts, I assume this is some disagreement over that. Debating film noir is like debating a bad Picasso, everyone sees what they want to see. I once brought up the Mona Lisa as a film analogy and was treated like a dolt. I don't like film noir expanding like it has to include a ton of movies that have nothing to do with the original concept. It is all about money like everything else. You can't write a book and stick to about 50 movies, they have to keep adding and adding. I joke that Bambi is more film noir now than many film noir movies, but it is almost a fact. Anyway my best advice is to not take this site too seriously, you will get ulcers, lol.

Do you mean Mona Lisa Vito from MY COUSIN VINNY, Bill Belichek's favorite film?