Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eddie Mueller, Noir Host

Yeah, and according to the movie extra she's seen dancing with in Duryea's nightclub early on in this movie, Burt may have NOT been the ONLY one she might have had a little affair with about the same time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYrpg-j54E

(...Tony Curtis...what a great storyteller he was...if not exactly one prone to exhibit the most discretion)

Tony Curtis was more gossipy than any yenta I can think of.

As for this concern:

"I don't understand why Yvonne de Carlo fell in love with such a stupid guy."

Why the surprise? In real life many women likes stupid guys. I could give examples germane to the topic but I will refrain at this time.

As for this concern:

Why the surprise? In real life many women likes stupid guys. I could give examples germane to the topic but I will refrain at this time.

Yeah, good idea to refrain from doin' that here, CG.

And I'm sure Laura Bush will be especially thankful.

(...sorry, couldn't resist)

• Like 3

As for this concern:

Note that there was one key scene where Steve tries to explain WHY to his mother (as it relates to WHY he is seeing his ex-wife again).     Steve says what most sons would say to their mother when the reason is SEX;  you don't understand,  but the mother makes it clear she does understand.   i.e. that unlike the person that made that silly comment,  she understands the WHY is SEX. 

Therefore it isn't about a women liking a stupid guy but a women (or man),  with a very strong desire to have sex with someone that just happens to be a little empty upstairs.   Some times people care more about what is downstairs than upstairs!

...Some times people care more about what is downstairs than upstairs!

NOT if they were REALLY into that old PBS/British series, James!

(...sorry, couldn't resist...again) ;)

As for this concern:

..especially women that are even MORE stupid.

Note that there was one key scene where Steve tries to explain WHY to his mother (as it relates to WHY he is seeing his ex-wife again).     Steve says what most sons would say to their mother when the reason is SEX;  you don't understand,  but the mother makes it clear she does understand.   i.e. that unlike the person that made that silly comment,  she understands the WHY is SEX. 

Therefore it isn't about a women liking a stupid guy but a women (or man),  with a very strong desire to have sex with someone that just happens to be a little empty upstairs.   Some times people care more about what is downstairs than upstairs!

O whither has my lady wandered?

I'll search until I know I've found her

One green day she left her wings

And cut away her childhood strings

But dropping smiles along the trail

She left a trace I will not fail

When I catch my sudden maid

I'll deck her out in lace and jade

I will take her to her room

I love her upstairs, I love her downstairs

But I love my lady's chamber

==

Lyrics to Knight Errant
Song by Tim Buckley

--

One green day she left her wings

And cut away her childhood strings

But dropping smiles along the trail

She left a trace I will not fail

When I catch my sudden maid

I'll deck her out in lace and jade

I love her upstairs, I love her downstairs

But I love my lady's chamber

==

Lyrics to Knight Errant
Song by Tim Buckley

--

Not bad, laffite. Not bad.

(...though of course not NEARLY as lyrical as "My Baby Does The Hanky Panky", but we still get the idea) ;)

• Like 1

Allow me to introduce you to "Donna the Deer Lady"...

(...well, that is if you can see this, of course)

Is combining the school crossing and deer crossing areas such a bad idea?

Is combining the school crossing and deer crossing areas such a bad idea?

Naaah, never would work, Bogie.

You'd end up with too many gored little kids during the weekday hours of 8-9am and 3-4pm.

(...I mean, some of those critters have pretty pointy antlers on 'em, ya know...I'm talkin' about the deer here, of course)

Naaah, never would work, Bogie.

You'd end up with too many gored little kids during the weekday hours of 8-9am and 3-4pm.

(...I mean, some of those critters have pretty pointy antlers on 'em, ya know...I'm talkin' about the deer here, of course)

Really?  Those Bambi critters?

We have Moose crossings on Main Street up here north of the 49 and everything is sympatico.

• Like 1

Allow me to introduce you to "Donna the Deer Lady"...

...and this nice looking young lady, who has probably gotten along all her life on her nice looks alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls

(...well, that is if you can see this, of course)

Those are two of the greatest videos I've ever seen.  Give yourself a pair of gold stars.

That quiz show woman reminded of a blonde I once met who even looked like her and had the same accent and sweet nature.  She was a friend of an old GF of mine, and the three of us were playing Trivial Pursuit one night when the question came up "What country is Nairobi the capital of?"  After scratching her head and generally acting like the woman in the video, she finally said "Oh, I know---AFRICA". 

Then when it was pointed out to her that Africa is a continent and not a country, she just smiled and said "I guess I'm gonna have to get me a GLOBE or something!"  It was almost on the level of Jean Harlow's "That's arson!"

Fortunately there weren't any questions about "Hungry" or Turkey.

• Like 1

Fortunately there weren't any questions about "Hungry"...

;)

Yeah Andy, I have to wonder if host Jeff Foxworthy was only kidding when he pronounced and referenced that European country's name as only two syllables and the same as the concept of someone having little to eat.

Or, was Jeff not as smart as that third grader TOO?

(...btw, I've found Budapest to be one of THE most beautiful cities I've ever visited, and heartily advise anyone who's never been there but who might someday have the opportunity to do so to see for themselves) 

• Like 1