Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eddie Mueller, Noir Host

CaveGirl

Dargo, Dargo, Dargo!

Or should I call you Tommy James?

Now debating the mental skills of the male animal to their distaff halves is a fruitless task.

We have great candidates on both sides as I see from the examples herein.

I once met an Australian sailor [no offense to everyone else who lives there] whose name was Sydney or Sidney Orr. I said "Wow, what an appropriate name" and he said "Why is that?" Needless to say I did not explain.

I also know a guy who was eating a salad with green olives in it, and said "Why aren't there those little red things inside the olives" as he thought that pimientos grow in the olive apparently.

I could go on and on, but I shall desist. I dated a guy who was not too bright, but owned his own company and was just as much a hunk as Tiny Yokum, but since I'm not into waterbeds the relationship drowned in a sea of vapidity.

I like dumb men in movies, as they are fun and usually quite cute like Nat Pendleton or Guinn "Big Boy" Williams, but I don't like them as much proselytizing on any subject or on movie topics online or on tv or even in political debates.

• Like 1

It never caught on, because it wouldn't apply to hardly anyone.

On the contrary, DGF!

I have a couple of "Mimbo" friends myself, and I invite them over to the house every December when I celebrate Festivus.

They're especially good that the Feats of Strength games, ya know.

(...especially Hank, who's strong like a bull and smart like a tractor)

• Like 1

On the contrary, DGF!

I have a couple of "Mimbo" friends myself, and I invite them over to the house every December when I celebrate Festivus.

LMREO! A Festivus for the Rest of Us!

On the contrary, DGF!

I see guys like that at the gym every day. Cardio? That's for women. A guy is supposed to be as big as possible. Pass the 'roids, please..

"Festivus"?

Wasn't he a character on "Gunsmoke" played by Ken Curtis?

He always reminded me of Ernest T. Bass.

Just kidding, I know all about Festivus, puffy shirts, Superman, and shrinkage too.

I learned about them the hard way. Puffy shirts are especially susceptible to shrinking in the wash.

Allow me to introduce you to "Donna the Deer Lady"...

...and this nice looking young lady, who has probably gotten along all her life on her nice looks alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls

(...well, that is if you can see this, of course)

"..and this nice looking young lady, who has probably gotten along all her life on her nice looks alone..."

Dargo, that's Kellie Pickler - she sings country western, and was on American Idol a few years ago..  She was just like that on the show, in a sweet, likeable way.  Of course, she wasn't being grilled with questions at the time. I believe she had a pretty tough childhood - maybe she blocks things out, or her brain freezes under stress.  It was brave of her to go on the quiz show under the circumstances (in all probability knowing she might not do well).

• Like 1

Getting back to Eddie Muller on his final night, I enjoyed his imitations of the supporting cast

after Criss Cross was over.  He imitated Percy Helton among others.  His description of the

cast - [...].  I was surprised to hear that, but it fit.

Let me try that again - His description of the cast - "hard***"'.  I was surprised to hear that, but it fit.

Oh my - now it looks worse than the real word.  As I said, you heard it there.

Edited by cinemafan
Edited for Language

Dargo--the clip Kellie Pickler (the young lady in the silver top) is in is from Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?---& she did hit the $25,000 mark, & got the guaranteed money--& the one question she answered immediately (& correctly) was about music.

Trivia over--back to Noir host.

• Like 1

Now that Eddie's gig is over, I'd like to throw in MY two cents by mentioning THE MONEY TRAP, a quintessential noir in all respects even though it was made much later than almost all the other noirs----in 1965. You'd think, aside from the shockingly aging Rita Hayworth, that it was made in 1948.

• Like 2

Pronouncing Noir as "Nwah" is a no-no.

Cement shoes for the perp.

I dunno Gordon, but it sounds to me as if you might be consigning all those folks in New England who can't sound the letter 'r' to save their souls to be sleeping with the fishes here, dude! ;)

(...btw...welcome to the boards)

I dunno Gordon, but it sounds to me as if you might be consigning all those folks in New England who can't sound the letter 'r' to save their souls to be sleeping with the fishes here, dude! ;)

Maybe they should hire a host not from New England next time? Mangling "noir" into "nwah" reminds me of blancmange. thx for welcome.

Maybe they should hire a host not from New England next time? Mangling "noir" into "nwah" reminds me of blancmange. thx for welcome.

Eddie Muller is a second generation San Franciscan.