Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eddie Mueller, Noir Host

LOL

(...yeah, like that superfluous 't' there is gonna fly with a guy who ALREADY takes issue with all those superfluous 'u's the Brits and Canadians use in THIS language!!!) ;)

How come superfluous has two 'u's'?

Il aide a savoir la Francaise surtout si l'on est historien du film noir, Dargo.

Voila la fromage!

So film noir historians should, si possible,  be French?  

Hmm, so then, the best rock music critics must be British, since it seems that the original source for 50s crime movies and blues/rock 'n roll music are best appreciated filtered through another country's lens.

Guess it makes sense. And de plus, both France and Britain produce delicious cheese.

DFG, I know you don't always have time to read an entire thread, but shirley you could at least glance at the last two posts before writing your own. I do believe the 3 "u" angle has been covered. To quote myself from a mere 3 posts down:

Three, in point of fact !

Dargo, stand by your principles- remove at least one of those "u" s.  

DFG, I know you don't always have time to read an entire thread, but shirley you could at least glance at the last two posts before writing your own. I do believe the 3 "u" angle has been covered. To quote myself from a mere 3 posts down:

I don't have time, especially if it's mostly in French.

Il aide a savoir la Francaise surtout si l'on est historien du film noir, Dargo.

Voila la fromage!

Ca aide a savior le francais ...

Voila le fromage!

=====

Ou est Andre Besoin des Cahiers du Cinema quand on a besoin d'un???

...de lui

==

:P

;)

Led Zeppelin! dans la section film noir! peut etre dans une section magie noire....je suis chanceux je les ai vu 4 fois a montreal et New York durant les années 70,Mueller a fait du tres bon travail comme présentateur.

Souhaite que j'ai eu la chance de voir Zep retour dans la journée, mais je n'ai jamais obtenu autour

d'elle. Il est possible que l'un de ces segments personnelle dans L'Affreux Morceau Reste Le Même film

avait un noir vibe. De toute façon, ce thread est allé hors sujet bien avant l'apparition de Led Zeppelin.

Regardez le miel le goutte-à-goutte, ne peut pas tenir à l'écart.

Does Eddie Mueller approve of all this French crap?

Where??  My high school French is Only so much help!!!

Up on the address bar (at least on my browser) on the right side next to the star......There's a magnifying glass on the left, and a star on the right. Click on the middle one and it will translate.........

Believe me it wasnt worth waiting for (LOL)...........

• Like 1

I've known dumb men and dumb women and I never saw

much of a difference. When it came to a race to the bottom

of the gene pool, it was pretty much a tie. I can think of

two songs with the title Stupid Girl, but none with the title

Stupid Boy, though there might be one or two out there.

"I Like 'Em Big and Stupid" by Julie Brown?

Venez écouter mon histoire au sujet d'un homme appelé Jed,

pauvre alpiniste, à peine à maintenir sa famille nourris,

puis un jour il avait eu une fusillade à certains aliments,

et jusqu'à partir du sol est venu un bullage brut,

huile qui est, or noir, Texas le thé.

Quoi? 

BeverlyHillbillies_620.jpg

What do these folks have to do with anything?  film noir ? Eddie Muller?  Led Zepplin? ( - wait, didn't  Jethro have a black dog? )

Cheese?

Ok, this thread must have taken one of the most off-topic tangents I've ever seen on these boards. And that's really saying something.  Vraiment.

I think it's true there's a certain cathartic pleasure in watching characters make choices which we're too nice or smart to make -- that can be true of any drama.

It goes deeper than that, though.  I enjoy noir on so many levels.  For instance, as a native Californian I'm fascinated by old Los Angeles locations such as Bunker Hill and the Bradbury Building or the streets of Glendale (I'm thinking of CRIME WAVE for Glendale) -- they're little bits of history frozen in time.  When I walk in the Bradbury Building, it's quite a thrill to think of M ('51) or I, THE JURY or the other movies filmed there.

There's also the costumes, the casts, the great dialogue.  I sat next to William Bowers' widow at a screening this year and she told me "He didn't know he was writing noir!"  LOL.

When you watch and learn about a lot of film noir, there's also a pleasure that extends beyond the film being immediately watched.  For instance, what film noir fan isn't thrilled when Charles McGraw and William Conrad enter the picture in THE KILLERS?  They may be playing scary hit men but we relate to them not just as their characters but because of what they represent about the genre as a whole, and we think of the other films in which we've enjoyed them, playing both villains and heroes.

Just some random thoughts on enjoying film noir!

Love those random thoughts.   I have also been to many of the So Cal noir locations shown in film.    

Thanks to Eddie for a great June and July.  

• Like 2