Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MORE MUSICALS ON DVD ANNOUNCED

edgeciff

January 2006:

From WB: CABIN IN THE SKY (with commentary by Dr. Todd Boyd, Dr. Drew Casper, Evangela Anderson, Eva Anderson and Fayard Nicholas with Lena Horne, the 1946 MGM short "Studio Visit," "Ain't It the Truth" audio outtake, trailer), Freedom Song; THE GREEN PASTURES (commentary by LeVar Burton, Herb Boyd and Ed Guerrero, 1933 WB short "Rufus Jones for President," 1935 Vitaphone short "An All-Colored Vaudeville Show," trailer), HALLEJUAH (commentary by Donald Bogle and Avery Clayton Pie, 1932 WB short "Pie Blackbird," 1936 Vitaphone short "The Black Network," trailer) and Heat Wave.

Dec. 2005:

From SONY: KID MILLIONS (1934) stars Eddie Cantor, Ethel Merman, George Murphy and Ann Southern, with a Technicolor insert. This is one of Cantor's best. BELLE OF THE YUKON (1944) stars Randolph Scott, Dinah Shore and Gypsy Rose Lee. Knowing Sony/MGM there will be no extras.

Edge, once again thanks for the information - the CABIN IN THE SKY release is especially is great news. Without a doubt it is one of my favorite musicals. Lena Horne just lights up the screen in that film, it is unbelievably entertaining. I only hope STORMY WEATHER is released soon.

Kid Millions is a film I have always been curious about, I will definitely get that one as well.

Stormy Weather is due January 10, 2006. No extras mentioned but with Fox you never know. There were a lot of nifty prerecordings not used for the movie that turned up on bootleg vinyl years ago. It would be nice if they were included but since they weren't used on the "official" soundtrack release I doubt it. January is going to be a very good month for fans of the Nicholas Brothers & Lena Horne.