Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for good Western with 3 themes, must be in color

penbeast

As for cattle drives in color you could go with "The Cowboys"

and indian wars possibly, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" or newer "Dances with Wolves."

It would be much easier and you'd have a better pick if they would watch a b/w film though.

• 3 weeks later...

Indian Wars: She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (already mentioned), Dances Wolves, Hondo, Duel at Diablo, Two Rode Together (deals with the end of Indian Wars).

Railroads: There are not many films soley based on the railroads. Many western movies revolve around the railroads. Once Upon A Time In the West deals with building a town with access to the rails. Really too long and picturesk type of movie for kids. How the West Was Won deals with much of your criteria. Other movies show what railroads bring to western towns and how they must be tamed, for example: Dodge City with Errol Flynn.

Cattle Drives: Not many that are in color. Red River is the master of cattle drives but B&W. The Cowboys with John Wayn would be good for kids.

• 2 months later...

After you've seen the films about the Indian wars one to check out would be Cheyenne Autumn. It's a John Ford film that shows the Army dealing with the Indians and their post war settlement on reservations.

Tell them B & W is not a bad thing. It can be just as dramatic and exciting as color. They don't know what they're missing.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I cud never understand why anyone wud wanna watch a B&W movie. You don't grow up seeing everything in black and white, things have always been in color.

I realize I am getting old,one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, and I have a lot of black and white movies, made before Hollywood woke up to the fact

that there was something better. T & A city has made a few stridwes in there day,I worked for Disney awhile, but I think they have finally managed to hit biottom,with the no talent garbage they are flooding the country with now. HELL, THAT BUNCH OF NO NUTHINS OUT THERE NOW, CAN'T EVEN copy A GOOD MOVIE THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR YEARS

Scotty

I cud never understand why anyone wud wanna watch a B&W movie. You don't grow up seeing everything in black and white, things have always been in color.

I realize I am getting old,one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, and I have a lot of black and white movies, made before Hollywood woke up to the fact

that there was something better. T & A city has made a few strides in there day,I worked for Disney awhile, but I think they have finally managed to hit bottom,with the no talent garbage they are flooding the country with now. HELL, THAT BUNCH OF NO NUTHINS OUT THERE NOW, CAN'T EVEN copy A GOOD MOVIE THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR YEARS

Scotty