Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Summer of Darkness Host

Who IS this self-involved "person" who hosts the Friday noir?  Just now, Fri July 24, 2015, this jackball thinks he is funny and clever when he calls Howard Hughes a "Fruitcake" and some other slam.

LISTEN!  You nobody!—  Howard Hughes had an extremely serious affliction that caused him humiliation, life-long suffering, and 30 years as a elderly man that can only be described as a living nightmare.

Despite all this, Mr. WhoeverTheHellYouThinkYouAre, Mr. Hughes accomplished more in one day WITH this affliction, than you will in a lifetime of being the snarky jerk you obviously are!

NEVER! Will I listen to another word of your labored and uninteresting introductions.

YOU Sir, Are definitely NOT in the tradition of TCM.

Who IS this self-involved "person" who hosts the Friday noir?  Just now, Fri July 24, 2015, this jackball thinks he is funny and clever when he calls Howard Hughes a "Fruitcake" and some other slam.

LISTEN!  You nobody!—  Howard Hughes had an extremely serious affliction that caused him humiliation, life-long suffering, and 30 years as a elderly man that can only be described as a living nightmare.

Despite all this, Mr. WhoeverTheHellYouThinkYouAre, Mr. Hughes accomplished more in one day WITH this affliction, than you will in a lifetime of being the snarky jerk you obviously are!

NEVER! Will I listen to another word of your labored and uninteresting introductions.

The guy is Eddie Muller and I really like the guy.      He is very knowledge about noir films and I'm glad TCM has him as a host.

Raincheck stepback n catch a reality check. Eddie Muller is probably the best authority on film noir and is certainly the csar of noir. Without his foundation which repairs film noir films that we would otherwise not get to view, we would be left with destroyed and unwatchable scraps of unintelligible film footage. So thanks yes thanks to you Eddie! I hope to read more of you contributions to film noir.

Who IS this self-involved "person" who hosts the Friday noir?...Despite all this, Mr. WhoeverTheHellYouThinkYouAre, Mr. Hughes accomplished more in one day WITH this affliction, than you will in a lifetime of being the snarky jerk you obviously are!...NEVER! Will I listen to another word of your labored and uninteresting introductions.

Three unsolicited pieces of advice, if I may?

1. The Fast-Forward and Mute buttons are wonderful options when displeasure arrives.

2. Avoid political talk shows and sports talk radio at all costs. Just sayin'.

3. Eddie Muller is easy to reach through the Film Noir Foundation website. He's probably more likely to read your comments if you address them to him there rather than a generic post on TCM. Take a day - and a deep breath - and if you still feel angry, have at it:

http://www.filmnoirfoundation.org/mailbox.html

• Like 1

I don't know who you think YOU are, but he is Eddie Muller known in the industry as the Czar of Noir. If it wasn't for him and his Film Noir Foundation, we wouldn't have the pleasure of viewing these films noir in their now spectacular conditions. His foundation seeks out both well-known and nearly-forgotten films noir, and the most damaged ones go through the preservation process.

He is also in charge of Noir City which began over a decade ago in our hometown of San Francisco. He has since expanded it to other cities such as Portland, Seattle and Chicago (to name a few). He has also written insightful books on Film Noir (I own a couple) and provides commentary on many Noir DVDs.

Show some respect!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings