Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for and old movie

filix

Hello. I don't remember the name of the movie. I just remember some of the plot, and that I liked it. It could have been Joan Crawford?  Any way the plot goes... This couple have a son. They love playing practical jokes on their son. Their son is just waiting for his chance to get them back. "all in good fun" So he comes up with the idea of bringing home the girl he is going to marry. His girl friend is in on the gag. She acts like a stuck up snob. His mother falls for it hook line and sinker. She is horrified her son wants to marry this awful girl. They string her along for a while. Then the son lets in on the joke. His girl friend is really a sweetheart. The son is so glad he finaly get's payback for all the jokes they played on him.   Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks. Filix

Hello. I don't remember the name of the movie. I just remember some of the plot, and that I liked it. It could have been Joan Crawford?  Any way the plot goes... This couple have a son. They love playing practical jokes on their son. Their son is just waiting for his chance to get them back. "all in good fun" So he comes up with the idea of bringing home the girl he is going to marry. His girl friend is in on the gag. She acts like a stuck up snob. His mother falls for it hook line and sinker. She is horrified her son wants to marry this awful girl. They string her along for a while. Then the son lets in on the joke. His girl friend is really a sweetheart. The son is so glad he finaly get's payback for all the jokes they played on him.   Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks. Filix

Never heard of such a plot, but it sounds like a movie I could go for.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It does sound interesting.  Don't recall this one exactly, but it seems to ring a faint bell.

If I recall anything remotely like it, will let you know.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings