Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Divorces

skimpole

The first film that crossed my mind was IN NAME ONLY(1939)

Cary Grant. who is married to a devious and spiteful Kay Francis, falls in love with Carole Lombard, and ultimately Cary is granted his divorce after Kay slips up and shows her true colors at the end of this film.

• Like 1

Not quite divorce, but broken engagements.

In "Bringing Up Baby," Cary Grant is set to marry someone else and ends up falling for Katharine Hepburn.

In "Philadelphia Story" Grant and Hepburn are divorced, and Hepburn is set to remarry. By the end up the film, potential Husband #2 is out of the picture, and Grant is back in.

In "My Favorite Wife" / "Move Over Darling," the husband has remarried after his wife is declared legally dead. The original wife comes back and new wife is gone.

In "The Parent Trap," Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara are divorced. Keith is set to marry Joanna Barnes. By the end of the film, Barnes is gone and it looks like Keith and O'Hara are well on their way to remarrying.

In "The Parent Trap," Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara are divorced. Keith is set to marry Joanna Barnes. By the end of the film, Barnes is gone and it looks like Keith and O'Hara are well on their way to remarrying.

I've always found that basic premise of THE PARENT TRAP, gruesome.   What parents would just split their children up and never allow for them to know or see each other, let alone allow themselves to never see their other child?  It's too ridiculous a plot gap to get over, imo.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings