Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cecil The Lion

JakeHolman

I wish the people who are so outraged over the killing of this lion also were outraged over all the endangered species killed by wind farms every week. If you don't eat the meat of the animal you kill then it should not be hunted. The endangered eagles killed every day die just like this lion, for no reason other than some rich person in a car can drive to work and be happy.

CLIKWXHUMAAxQ7A.jpg

There is no reason to kill big game animals today just for trophy heads.  There are plenty in pawn and antique shops.  

How did  they got Clarence the cross eyed lion in "Daktari" so tamed?

Tranquilizers.   :)

Nah, just joking.  Clarence was probably raised by humans from a cub, and was trained from a very early age.  Just a guess.

There is no reason to kill big game animals today just for trophy heads.  There are plenty in pawn and antique shops.  

How did  they got Clarence the cross eyed lion in "Daktari" so tamed?

2cce01c32d615083efa9a749c733eff8.jpg

But its the "thrill" of the kill that matters!

One can only hope!!!

I too share in the outrage at the killing of cecil. a beloved lion lured out of the game preserve by the mighty white 'hunter' dr. palmer. pathetic! palmer tells us that he relied on his 'guides'?, a couple of poachers. :huh: outstanding! the scum palmer lured cecil off the game preserve and shot him with a bow and arrow. a bullet through the head would have at least been merciful for poor cecil. so the poor animal suffers, dies and the mighty white 'hunter' takes his head. a guy like palmer will be more adept hiding under rocks than a snake.  :angry:

My feelings about Cecil's death are clear, but I also hope that one day more national attention and shared outrage can be paid to the ongoing, relentless cruelty that's inflicted on domestic animals, too.  I usually never read Yahoo news in detail, but once in a while some terrible story will be posted there and it just shocks me, to say the least.  Not only the barbaric acts themelves, but the frequency of these stories.  

Sorry - this is Cecil's thread, but I just wanted to say this also.  :(

• Like 1

Thinking more about Cecil, it occurs to me just how special a lion he is.  Not only was he a help to researchers for the progression of wildlife studies, but in his death he's sparked the outrage of America and Zimbabwe and he's brought world attention to the issue of conservation and illegal hunting.  Cecil's murder was a crime but it was also a game-changer.  Cecil, my hero!   :)

• Like 2

One can only hope!!!

Yeah, let's kill a human being because he killed some lion  a few thousand miles away from not only America, but also away from most American's consciousness (unTIL his death, anyway).

Y'know, I hope you're being facetious, or else your priorities are REALLY [...]!

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for language

Yeah, let's kill a human being because he killed some lion  a few thousand miles away from not only America, but also away from most American's consciousness (unTIL his death, anyway).

Y'know, I hope you're being facetious, or else your priorities are REALLY [...]!

Sepiatone

Well now Sepia, I don't think Eugenia and Hibi were actually advocating that this freakin' "great white hunter" [..] should be "killed" per se.

Nope, BUT how about if we have that idiot shot in the BUTT with an arrow and then make HIM walk around for forty freakin' hours with it stickiin' out of his butt, and we see how HE likes it???

Now THAT wouldn't '"kill" the freakin' idiot, now would IT???!!! LOL

(..and btw, while it seems YOU disagree with me on the idea that this "great white hunter" is an idiot, sorry but as I said earlier in this thread, I think ANY hunter in this day and age who hunts exotic, threatened and/or endangered animals and NO MATTER if it resides on a "game preserve" or NOT, IS one freakin' idiot...and pretty much like YOU said, WHAT, killin' some of the over population of deer isn't ENOUGH to get some hunters' wangers up or somethin' anymore???)

Edited by TCMModerator1
edited for inappropriate language
  • Like 2

Sepiatone

The problem there is not enough attention given to poaching on game preserves.  Most of the big cats are located there, away from human populations.  If he needs to hunt something, then concentrate on local deer that are FAR from being a threaten species let alone endangered i.e. the tiger and Amur leopards. I have nothing against hunting as long as it's sensible, used to provide meat (i.e. deer).  Big cats provides nothing but to inflate ones own ego and low self esteem.

Number of big cats left in the wild today.

2a96e4c71cea36d00b808d700f7008a8.jpg

Rare photo of a white lion cub.

2321376400000578-0-image-23_141704061361

• Like 4

Well now Sepia, I don't think Eugenia and Hibi were actually advocating that this freakin' "great white hunter" [..] should be "killed" per se.

Nope, BUT how about if we have that idiot shot in the BUTT with an arrow and then make HIM walk around for forty freakin' hours with it stickiin' out of his butt, and we see how HE likes it???

Now THAT wouldn't '"kill" the freakin' idiot, now would IT???!!! LOL

(..and btw, while it seems YOU disagree with me on the idea that this "great white hunter" is an idiot, sorry but as I said earlier in this thread, I think ANY hunter in this day and age who hunts exotic, threatened and/or endangered animals IS one freakin' idiot...and pretty much like YOU said, WHAT, killin' some of the over population of deer isn't ENOUGH to get some hunters' wangers up or somethin' anymore???)

Wait until he gets a good dose of the Zimbabwe's prison system.  I'll guarantee he WON"T BE BACK there ever again.

harare-central-prison_zimeye-org.jpg

jail-cell.jpg

201491714349758734_20.jpg

Edited by TCMModerator1
edited quote
  • Like 1

Sepiatone

My priorities are my own. I wasnt talking about killing him. He's losing business and that's ok with me. I do feel sorry for the people who work for him as I doubt they are getting paid. As for him, I really dont care what happens to him.......

• Like 2