Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have no objections to hunting. If needs be I would kill to maintain my life and the lives of my loved ones.

However, 'Trophy hunting' I find disgusting and offensive. There are several so-called hunters of my
acquaintance, and I find they share some common characteristics. Firstly; a total lack of empathy for the feelings and pain of others (Humans or animals), and their need to impress, to gain some kind of approval - Beneath the surface they are actually very weak and afraid. I cannot stand to be near these people.

Animals are neither good nor evil, only humans have that choice. Animals are innocent. If I were to find myself being eaten by a lion, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't blame the lion for being a lion.

Male lions are lazy fellows anyway. They mainly just eat, sleep, and er... make baby lions. It's the female lions who do all the work.

Best wishes
Metairie Road

1.  Ham brings up a point about poachers. 

I don't think this dentist was actually POACHING this lion.  I just think he was clueless.

POACHERS do so in larger numbers than just ONE lion(or whatever) and for monetary gain.  Now, I wouldn't [...] too much if the POACHERS were POACHED themselves!  Like EGGS!   :P

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for language
  • Like 1

1.  Ham brings up a point about poachers. 

I don't think this dentist was actually POACHING this lion.  I just think he was clueless.

POACHERS do so in larger numbers than just ONE lion(or whatever) and for monetary gain.  Now, I wouldn't b!tch too much if the POACHERS were POACHED themselves!  Like EGGS!   :P

Sepiatone

It is my understanding that poaching means that one can get value from selling something from the animal (e.g. horns).   So yea, this wasn't poaching,  but instead killing for sport. 

ZCTF - Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force

Non-Profit Organization · 7,425 Likes · 2 hrs · ..

BREAKING NEWS - JERICHO HAS BEEN SHOT TODAY AT 4pm -

It is with huge disgust and sadness that we have just been informed that Jericho, Cecil's brother has been killed at 4pm today.

We are absolutely heart broken. We will update you all as soon as we have more details.

Brother of Zimbabwe's lion Cecil appears alive and well: researcher

Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:32pm EDT

HARARE (Reuters) - The brother of Cecil, the lion killed in Zimbabwe by an American hunter last month, is not dead, a researcher monitoring the pride told Reuters, contradicting media reports that Jericho had been killed.

"He looks alive and well to me as far as I can tell," said Brent Stapelkamp, field researcher for the Hwange Lion Research Project which is monitoring the lion with a GPS tag.

A Zimbabwean conservation organization had posted on Facebook that Jericho had been killed at 4 p.m. on Saturday, a report picked up by some Western news media that was rapidly spread on Twitter.

(Reporting by MacDonald Dzirutwe; Writing by Robin Pomeroy; Editing by Jon Boyle)

Reuters

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/01/jericho-not-dead-cecil-the-lion-zimbabwe?CMP=fb_us

Edited by JakeHolman
  • Like 1

It is my understanding that poaching means that one can get value from selling something from the animal (e.g. horns).   So yea, this wasn't poaching,  but instead killing for sport. 

What would you call baiting an animal out of a wildlife refuge to shoot it? An accident?

PS The two buddies are already charged with poaching, and it wasn't eggs.

• Like 3

Brother of Zimbabwe's lion Cecil appears alive and well: researcher

Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:32pm EDT

HARARE (Reuters) - The brother of Cecil, the lion killed in Zimbabwe by an American hunter last month, is not dead, a researcher monitoring the pride told Reuters, contradicting media reports that Jericho had been killed.

"He looks alive and well to me as far as I can tell," said Brent Stapelkamp, field researcher for the Hwange Lion Research Project which is monitoring the lion with a GPS tag.

A Zimbabwean conservation organization had posted on Facebook that Jericho had been killed at 4 p.m. on Saturday, a report picked up by some Western news media that was rapidly spread on Twitter.

(Reporting by MacDonald Dzirutwe; Writing by Robin Pomeroy; Editing by Jon Boyle)

Reuters

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/aug/01/jericho-not-dead-cecil-the-lion-zimbabwe?CMP=fb_us

Some good news for a change, other sites back it up.

Lol hanging out with a lioness. (Lion won'"t sleep tonight) :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lion-brother-jericho_55bd1261e4b0d4f33a030d2b

Jericho

jericho.jpg?w=640

What would you call baiting an animal out of a wildlife refuge to shoot it? An accident?

PS The two buddies are already charged with poaching, and it wasn't eggs.

Looks like some are putting those drones to better use besides getting in the way of aircraft and spying on little girls.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-10/tanzania-testing-drones-to-fight-elephant-poachers-in-game-park

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/10084403/The-drones-helping-South-African-game-reserves-tackle-rhino-poaching.html

Just the other day, here in MI, a man was convicted for beating his elderly parents to death.

They're srtill debating the fate of a young woman who threw her newborn baby in the trash, and another young woman for leaving HER baby to die in the back of her locked up car while she went into her place of employment for something or other.

NO hordes of "do-gooders" were spotted picketing the scenes of these crimes, the perpetrators' homes or places of business or ANY worldwide outrage was EVER displayed when these horrendous crimes took place.

I've about HAD it with all this LION [...].

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language