Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cecil The Lion

JakeHolman

Just the other day, here in MI, a man was convicted for beating his elderly parents to death.

They're srtill debating the fate of a young woman who threw her newborn baby in the trash, and another young woman for leaving HER baby to die in the back of her locked up car while she went into her place of employment for something or other.

NO hordes of "do-gooders" were spotted picketing the scenes of these crimes, the perpetrators' homes or places of business or ANY worldwide outrage was EVER displayed when these horrendous crimes took place.

I've about HAD it with all this LION bullsh!t.

Sepiatone

If you've had it why come on this thread and read about it then???

• Like 1

Just the other day, here in MI, a man was convicted for beating his elderly parents to death.

They're srtill debating the fate of a young woman who threw her newborn baby in the trash, and another young woman for leaving HER baby to die in the back of her locked up car while she went into her place of employment for something or other.

NO hordes of "do-gooders" were spotted picketing the scenes of these crimes, the perpetrators' homes or places of business or ANY worldwide outrage was EVER displayed when these horrendous crimes took place.

I've about HAD it with all this LION [...].

Sepiatone

Kids locked up in hot cars have received a LOT of news coverage but what good does it do?  There have been 3 cases I've heard during the past couple of weeks.  How DUMB can parents be?  Guess there were more important things on their minds like getting their nails done. :angry:

darby23n-1-web.jpg

Sepiatone

Then why not create a thread about what you consider to be real issues, rather than coming here to gripe about the concerns expressed for a lion?

• Like 1

Sepiatone

Well, once again Sepia, MAYBE the reason people are getting more upset with the thought that some freakin' would be "He-Man" who apparently gets this freakin' kicks by killing animals that ARE DWINDLING in numbers and INSTEAD of being as outraged about humans killing another of their OWN species is FIRST because the LATTER is unfortunately SUCH a common occurrence that it's almost NOT "newsworthy"!

And secondly, maybe because the Human Race's population is growing EXPONENTIALLY and is expected to reach ANOTHER two BILLION freakin' people MORE by the year 2050!!!

And thus perhaps the idea of these idiot murderers out there "thinning" OUR "herd" might NOT be as critical an issue to the world at large and its limited resources as when those OTHER idiots feel the need to go kill the remaining few of a dwindling species in this world and that have NO VOICE in the matter.

(...just another one of my "little theories" here, of course...and NOT that I was advocating either "murder" or "genocide" here, but I SURE wouldn't be disinclined to advocate for some BIRTH CONTROL here anyway!)

• Like 3

Kids locked up in hot cars have received a LOT of news coverage but what good does it do?  There have been 3 cases I've heard during the past couple of weeks.  How DUMB can parents be?  Guess there were more important things on their minds like getting there nails done. :angry:

darby23n-1-web.jpg

I've always thought you should be "certified" to be a parent (take classes and get a licence. LOL) But, sadly, becoming a parent is the easiest thing to do. Doesnt take any intelligence to become one or be one........

• Like 3

20134910076_10504cd895_c.jpgThis is not Cecil. The King of the pride will fight to the death to protect his bloodline. Jericho has not killed the remaining cubs because it's highly likely he sired many of them.

Or at least it's the same bloodline, assuming lions' Y chromosomes work like humans. Brothers -- and their fathers and sons -- would share the same Y chromosome.

I've always thought you should be "certified" to be a parent (take classes and get a licence. LOL) But, sadly, becoming a parent is the easiest thing to do. Doesnt take any intelligence to become one or be one........

there oughta be a new felony crime...reckless manslaughter. howda you punish something like that? with community service? no, with hard jail time! :D maybe that'll improve their recollective skills. :D

there oughta be a new felony crime...reckless manslaughter. howda you punish something like that? with community service? no, with hard jail time! :D maybe that'll improve their recollective skills. :D

Reckless or negligent manslaughter falls under the involuntary criteria. A recent case of a child dying in a hot car, his father was charged with murder.  

And thus perhaps the idea of these idiot murderers out there "thinning" OUR "herd" might NOT be as critical an issue to the world at large and its limited resources as when those OTHER idiots feel the need to go kill the remaining few of a dwindling species in this world and that have NO VOICE in the matter.

Right. Animals are innocents that can't speak up for themselves. Particularly in the case of those that are considered an endangered or dwindling species, it's up to man (or the "do gooders'" as some dismissively describe them) to speak up for them.

• Like 3

Let's face it, many of us probably don't like dentists to start with.

I mean you go into their office for a routine cleaning, and they start finding all kinds of ways to up the bill.

They start saying "Oh gee...let's use our new panoramic machine and spin your head around while you are biting down on a piece of plastic and get better x-rays of all your teeth."

Oh, and then they start poking around on your gums with stylus type objects, trying to find py...uh, that degenerative gum disease thingie and they make nasty sounds while doing it like "Oh, this looks bad and too tender" and "Do you floss daily?"

Then they try to sell you better whirling toothbrushes to attack your teeth and also a waterpick, and want you to come back in a month for a preventative oral exam wherein they will treat your teeth with some mint fluoride concoction.

Plus you have to fill out a form longer than the Magna Carta, detailing every illness you have ever had, plus when you had the measles, mosquito bites as a child and every living relative that they should contact if you die in the chair.

No wonder I'd rather go to W.C. Fields as my practitioner than this guy who knocked off Cecil and this is why his patients were probably just waiting for an opportunity to abandon his practice.

Same thing with this gynecologist; he probably makes women wait hours in his waiting room and now they have gotten revenge and will hunt him down and make him sit in one of those horrid chairs with his feet strapped in.

I rest my case.

• Like 5

Let's face it, many of us probably don't like dentists to start with.

I mean you go into their office for a routine cleaning, and they start finding all kinds of ways to up the bill.

They start saying "Oh gee...let's use our new panoramic machine and spin your head around while you are biting down on a piece of plastic and get better x-rays of all your teeth."

Oh, and then they start poking around on your gums with stylus type objects, trying to find py...uh, that degenerative gum disease thingie and they make nasty sounds while doing it like "Oh, this looks bad and too tender" and "Do you floss daily?"

Then they try to sell you better whirling toothbrushes to attack your teeth and also a waterpick, and want you to come back in a month for a preventative oral exam wherein they will treat your teeth with some mint fluoride concoction.

Plus you have to fill out a form longer than the Magna Carta, detailing every illness you have ever had, plus when you had the measles, mosquito bites as a child and every living relative that they should contact if you die in the chair.

No wonder I'd rather go to W.C. Fields as my practitioner than this guy who knocked off Cecil and this is why his patients were probably just waiting for an opportunity to abandon his practice.

Same thing with this gynecologist; he probably makes women wait hours in his waiting room and now they have gotten revenge and will hunt him down and make him sit in one of those horrid chairs with his feet strapped in.

I rest my case.

The waiting rooms in some hospitals should be considered a crime against humanity! :angry:

This lady literally DIED waiting on the doctor. She's been in hell but now may be in a  better place. RIP

0.jpg

NBC news revealed a story that another dentist, in the same GENERAL area of the other, and with the SAME LAST NAME, but NO RELATION, and also NOT a hunter, was recieving death threats due to this overblown hoopla!  Had to change his phone number as a result.

Seems Hunting dentists aren't the ONLY ones who are CLUELESS!

Sepiatone

NBC news revealed a story that another dentist, in the same GENERAL area of the other, and with the SAME LAST NAME, but NO RELATION, and also NOT a hunter, was recieving death threats due to this overblown hoopla!  Had to change his phone number as a result.

Seems Hunting dentists aren't the ONLY ones who are CLUELESS!

Sepiatone

Well, maybe I've never told you this before Sepia, but right after the expression "You're fired" became a widespread cliched catchphrase, I had MY name legally changed from "Donnell Trump" and to the moniker you see today!

(...yeah, I know...wouldn't ya think even the crackpots out there would see the difference between "Donnell" and "Donald", but that's the world we live in now days, I suppose)

• Like 1

there is hope for poor dead cecil living on...

he's gonna be a Beanie Baby! yay!!! :lol: 

"symbolism over substance" -Rush Limbaugh

"that's what you're good at." -sundance (Robert Redford)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/08/04/cecil--lion-beanie-baby-ty-inc/31095541/

The proceeds from the Beanie Baby's sale are going to the University of Oxford's Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, so I don't see the "symbolism over substance" connection.  Unless, of course, Rush was referring to himself. :)

• Like 2

The proceeds from the Beanie Baby's sale are going to the University of Oxford's Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, so I don't see the "symbolism over substance" connection.  Unless, of course, Rush was referring to himself. :)

and they're really doing a great job stopping poaching in Zimbabwe wildlife preserves. throw enough money at something long enough and someday it's just gotta work, right? :lol:

and they're really doing a great job stopping poaching in Zimbabwe wildlife preserves. throw enough money at something long enough and someday it's just gotta work, right?  :lol:

Well ND, you have to remember here that NOT ALL things that "money is thrown at" in excess have to end up with as negative a result as our own American electoral process!

LOL

LOL.

Well ND, you have to remember here that NOT ALL things that "money is thrown at" in excess have to end up with as negative a result as our own American electoral process!

LOL

I would also include the common core education standards which no longer require cursive writing to be taught to our kids so show me an nea member who learned to write in cursive at the middle school level who supports common core and I'll show you a buttwipe. :)

all too quickly grabbed tax funds in action.