Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cecil The Lion

JakeHolman

In another thread sometime back I had kiddingly made reference to the classic TV show "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom".  This ended up putting a nostalgic bug in my ear and I picked up a DVD set of "Wild Kingdom" through Amazon.  On the first disc I saw listed multiple episodes on lions, so I watched that first.  

What incredible creatures they are!  In an experiment, Jim Fowler (don't know his job title - "Animal Guy"?) wanted to challenge the lions in their own habitat.  He went out into the fields in Africa and played a recording of a male lion roaring, and real male lions came thundering out.  There was poor Jim, alone and exposed with nowhere to run, but looking calm as could be.  I thought the man was crazy. Still, the lions did not associate the roaring with the recording or Jim, so they left him alone as they went searching for this mysterious male lion intruder.   :)

Dr Palmer breaks his silence.

Quote..."If I had known this lion had a name and was important to the country, or a study, obviously I wouldn't have taken it. Nobody in our hunting party knew, before or after, the name of this lion."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11848106/Cecil-the-lion-hunter-talks-for-the-first-time.html

Said he's planning to return to his practice.   Well we know what  the outcome of that will be (the waiting room)....

Dr Palmer breaks his silence.

Quote..."If I had known this lion had a name and was important to the country, or a study, obviously I wouldn't have taken it. Nobody in our hunting party knew, before or after, the name of this lion."

Said he's planning to return to his practice.   Well we know what  the outcome of that will be....

whatta crock! so palmer finally comes out from under his rock and we're all just supposed to be knocked over by his forthrightness.

he says that he just naturally wouldn't have slaughtered cecil had he known and he was never in hiding. right! he's been all over the place he has. :lol:

I take this to mean that if this lion "Cecil" had been wearing a bright color sweater with "Cecil"  labeled on it, the good "doctor"  would have known better and not shot him.  But another lion , or other animal, well , "Ready, aim ..."

Dr. Palmer's only real concern is to save his business amid the controversy!  

• Like 1