Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Live Interview with Eddie Muller about #NoirSummer: July 30 at 2pm EDT on YouTube

Hi TCM #NoirSummer folks:

I've posted messages on Twitter and Canvas, but thought I would post here too.

Please join us on Thursday, July 30th at 2pm EDT for a special one hour interview with the Czar of Noir, Eddie Muller, TCM's On Air Host for Summer of Darkness and noted noir expert and President of the Film Noir Foundation.

Eddie will be answering student questions (already submitted) as we continue to investigate the Case of Film Noir. I will be monitoring the #NoirSummer hashtag on Twitter during the live interview, so if you have a question, I'll see what I can do about including it, though I know the hour will fly by! 

If you can't join us live, the video of the interview will stay up on YouTube at the same link, so watch it anytime you can.

Should be fun, lively and informative! More to cram into your already over-flowing case-files! 

Watch it here: 

I told you film noir had no bottom!

Best, Prof. Edwards

• Like 2

The live interview with Eddie Muller on YouTube was great. I can't thank both of you, Richard Edwards and Eddie Muller, enough for taking the time to make film noir so intriguing. This course, with all its extras, exceeded my exptectations -- and that's each and every week!

Unfortunately I could not take part in the live discussion since I, too, am an educator and I had some classes to teach today. However, I just go through watching the youtube video. Very lively discussion and very informative. Thank you!

I wasn't able to participate in the "live" discussion but enjoyed watching the interview later that day. I appreciate all of the extras built into this course that provided such a great learning experience.  The passion that you both  have for film noir is wonderful to see and is definitely infectious!  I've purchased Mr. Muller's books Dark City:  The Lost World of Film Noir and Dark City Dames:  The Wicked Women of Film Noir.  I look forward to continuing my film noir education through these books. And I've already taken my August copy of Now Playing and have checked off all of the films that might fall into the noir category.  

I can't thank the two of you enough for this terrific experience.  Any ideas in the works for a follow up course?  Maybe something specific about the "Dark City dames" or Alfred Hitchcock as a "special case" in noir?  I'll be on the lookout for future messages from TCM!!

Thanks again!!

It was lots of fun! Thanks for getting in my question about what happens to the original film print in the process of film restoration. Quite a relief to know they don't destroy the original.

With my weird sense of humor, I suddenly had visions of Eddie Muller throwing his body over the original film to protect it so it couldn't be destroyed.  His great love for what he does is so obvious!!  And the rest of us benefit from his devotion to this work.  Thank you so much, Mr. Muller!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings