Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ava Gardner Bio Pic

im4cinema2

I've just finished reading Ava Gardner The Secret Conversations by Peter Evans.  Faithfully recording Ava's reminiscences Peter Evans describes their late night conversations when Ava was at her most candid. Ava backed out and halted the book before it was published.  Frank Sinatra also had a hand in not getting it out as well.  Years later after Ava's and Peter Evan;s death was this memoir published.  It is fascinating and would make a very good movie  Who do you think could play the "mature" Ava in such a film?  Perhaps Angelina Jolie.  Perhaps someone better?  Who do you think?

I've just finished reading Ava Gardner The Secret Conversations by Peter Evans.  Faithfully recording Ava's reminiscences Peter Evans describes their late night conversations when Ava was at her most candid. Ava backed out and halted the book before it was published.  Frank Sinatra also had a hand in not getting it out as well.  Years later after Ava's and Peter Evan;s death was this memoir published.  It is fascinating and would make a very good movie  Who do you think could play the "mature" Ava in such a film?  Perhaps Angelina Jolie.  Perhaps someone better?  Who do you think?

In appearance, if Ava was a 10, Jolie is about a 5. 

• Like 1

Based ONLY on looks, I searched for "brunette actresses". 

I came up with IMDB's amazing

50 Hot Brunette Actresses

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls070832174/

From these I would pick the following for the lobby cards and posters.  Just don't cast someone that looks like Jabba The Hut in the actual movie.

Mila Kunis

MV5BODQyNTQyNzY4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg5

Megan Fox

MV5BMTc5MjgyMzk4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk2

Vanessa Hudgens

MV5BMjA2NzA2NTMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjA1

As you may know, British actress Kate Beckinsale played Ava in Scorsese's THE AVIATOR (2004), and while she also possesses those dark smoldering and seductive looks of Gardner, I thought she was only passable in the role.

Now, I'll tell you who since she first came onto the scene a decade or so ago I thought looks a lot like Ava, and while you might laugh at this, and I don't know if she can act at all, but pop singer Fergie's looks reminds me a a lot of Ava's...

fergie-josh-duhamel-rome-02.jpg

• Like 1

As you may know, British actress Kate Beckinsale played Ava in Scorsese's THE AVIATOR (2004), and while she also possesses those dark smoldering and seductive looks of Gardner, I thought she was only passable in the role.

Now, I'll tell you who since she first came onto the scene a decade or so ago I thought looks a lot like Ava, and while you might laugh at this, and I don't know if she can act at all, but pop singer Fergie's looks reminds me a a lot of Ava's...

fergie-josh-duhamel-rome-02.jpg

I see the similarity as well.

Are Fergie and Josh Duhamel still together?

I see the similarity as well.

Are Fergie and Josh Duhamel still together?

Yeah, I think they are, Holden. They make a nice looking couple.

And speaking of "a nice looking couple", I remember once pulling up next to THIS couple in happier days for them...

qqopoinuv2i9ftpt3tji.jpg

...while riding one of my motorcycles along Pacific Coast Hwy in Malibu and while Rick(who evidently couldn't keep it in his pants and thus the reason for my "happier days" comment) was behind the wheel of their convertible Ferrari and with Vanessa riding "shotgun".

(...this was early on in their relationship, and I remember thinking at the time what great looking kids they're gonna have) 

Yes, yes.  I would consider having Kate Beckinsale.  She is just the right age if the picture is to be filmed now.  Thanks also to moviecollectoroh for his suggestions.  Unfortunately no one really comes close to the real original Ava today.

Yeah, I think they are, Holden. They make a nice looking couple.

And speaking of "a nice looking couple", I remember once pulling up next to THIS couple in happier days for them...

qqopoinuv2i9ftpt3tji.jpg

...while riding one of my motorcycles along Pacific Coast Hwy in Malibu and while Rick(who evidently couldn't keep it in his pants and thus the reason for my "happier days" comment) was behind the wheel of their convertible Ferrari and with Vanessa riding "shotgun".

(...this was early on in their relationship, and I remember thinking at the time what great looking kids they're gonna have) 

I'm so far behind the times that I don't even know who "Rick" and "Vanessa" are.

First:  Beckensale has TOO MUCH CHIN to play Ava(who didn't seem to have ANY chin at all!).

I never did get the attraction to Ava, so I've no room to butt in here except to say I always thought Beckensale is MUCH cuter than the real Ava ever was.

Sorry, Darg.  After all, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.  :)

Sepiatone

First:  Beckensale has TOO MUCH CHIN to play Ava(who didn't seem to have ANY chin at all!).

I never did get the attraction to Ava, so I've no room to butt in here except to say I always thought Beckensale is MUCH cuter than the real Ava ever was.

Sorry, Darg.  After all, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.  :)

Sepiatone

Dorothy Kilgallen had no chin at all. Anyone as beautiful as Ava HAD to have a reasonable chin. Her chin was not like, say, Fred Gwynne's, but it was hardly nonexistent.

• Like 1

I'm so far behind the times that I don't even know who "Rick" and "Vanessa" are.

Wait DGF! And here I thought you were a big NBA fan. That would be Rick Fox the starting power forward for the Lakers during their Shaq/Kobe glory years a decade or so ago and now since his retirement from the game a part-time actor. And, Vanessa his ex-wife would be actress/singer Vanessa Williams who first came onto the scene as the first black Miss America some 20 years ago or so now.

(...dude, like I keep tellin' ya, you've GOT to stop spendin' so much damn time on that stationary bike and get out and about more!!!) LOL

;)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings